Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Support and assist the execution of transportation supply chain processes that meet and/or exceed customer expectations and Abbott Nutrition Supply Chain goals and objectives.
- This position is responsible for managing the Transportation Planners on the US Transportation Operations Team.
- The scope includes operational execution of Freight to Customer (FTC), Internal Deployment (ITD), Inbound Finished Goods (IBFG), International Drayage, and Inbound Raw Materials (IBRM).
- Supporting activities include planning freight, analyzing and communication of carrier specific performance data to drive business improvements.
- This position will have exposure to both external and internal customers and will need to attain high level of customer service across multiple verticals.
- Having strong management, communication, and analytical skills are necessary.
- Responsible for planning, leading and overseeing the Transportation Planner II team. Support Logistics team with projects that meet division goals, customer service expectations, and cost requirements.
- Review Key Performance Indicators to monitor overall performance against scorecards, goals, and expectations.
- Must interact effectively with Third Party Providers, Quality Assurance, Customer Service Operations, Global purchasing, Finance, Customer DC Operations, Carrier Operations and Sales Management, and Division Logistics teams.
- Conduct business with the highest standards of ethical behavior and in compliance with company rules and procedures.
- Supervise the daily activities of Transportation Planners. Transportation Management System user Manage and support transportation operational and procurement strategies while maintaining the cost profile and meeting Customer Service expectations.
- Maintain operational compliance with routing guide utilization to maintain cost profile.
- Manage Spot Market shipments to maintain cost profile.
- Approve assessorial charge requests. Work with internal cross functional teams as well as Third Party Carriers and Warehouse operational teams to drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Inform management and maintain records in the transportation event log involving product quality and carrier incidents. Coordinate and manage carrier operational meetings to support continuous improvement.
- Maintain documentation of Transportation Procedures in the Global Logistics Procedure Database. Support department with projects and assignments to meet division goals. Some weekend and night coverage including issue resolution is required.
- Requires experience managing people
- Oversee planning of approximately 60,000 truckload, 100,000 less than truckload, and 2.3 million parcel shipments representing approximately $2.9 Billion in revenue.
- Typical annual spend for the assigned area is $60 – $80 Million.
- Supplier base of 50 TL Carriers, 17 LTL Carriers, & 1 Parcel Carrier
- Multiple plant & distribution center operational support
- Transportation Management Systems Support
- Travel as required, approximately 10%, including customer and carrier visits.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or related degree in Business Management required
- 3-4 years of Transportation or Logistics management experience
- Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills
- Experience using SAP and Transportation Management Systems
- Microsoft Office skills (Access, Excel, Word, Power Point) are required.
- Excel skill level required – Pivot tables, vlookups, and if/then statements
- Able to manage and organize large data files
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Operations Supervisor - Columbus, OH
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Operations Supervisor - Columbus, OH, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Transportation Operations Supervisor - Columbus, OH and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.