Since time began, the earth’s been a generous contributor to people’s well-being. We haven’t been around quite that long, but The Nature’s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature’s bountiful effects on people’s health.
Through our years, we’ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business—that’s why The Nature’s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We’re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We’re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you’ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person’s well-being. The Nature’s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.Job Description
The Nature's Bounty Co.'s R&D Organization continues to expand! We have a new Director, Analytical Science & Stability to lead analytical & stability projects, programs, and capabilities to support the development and launch of new products. This position will report to our VP, Product Development. Our ideal candidate will bring deep experience collaborating with Development and Commercial partners supporting innovation of new products and identifying new opportunities to bring to the marketplace. This is a true R&D Analytical Science & Stability opportunity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the development, verification and application of standard and new analytical test methods through all phases of R&D/Innovation/Franchise New Products development from early stage formulation development through transfer of methods to Quality and internal and external commercial manufacturing labs and facilities.. Primary focus is on methods to guide and inform product development formulation and process development activities geared towards developing and implementing robust specifications and stability management approaches.
- Identify, assess, select and partner with diverse portfolio of contract laboratories and execute scopes of work to support product development and developmental stability testing of new formulations and new products across all global franchises (Vitamins, Minerals and Herbal Supplements. Sports and Active Nutrition, Natural & Organics).
- Support troubleshooting, experimentation and hypothesis testing of analytical method/technique to mitigate problematic areas during Feasibility, Development and Commercialization phases of New Product Development.
- Plan, develop and implement all R&D developmental stability design/development/management programs to guide and support formulation and specification development, support R&D shelf life recommendations on foods, supplements and select OTC’s and Cosmetics.
- Manage all Stability-related activities for the full R&D/Product Development team including SOP/Guidance document creation and implementation, stability protocol and completion report design/execution/analysis/recommendations, documentation of all science/statistics based rationalizations/justifications up through Launch of New Products. Partner with Quality and related functions in transfer and sharing of learnings to post Development/Launch manufacturing and compliance activities.
- Responsible for transfer of methods from R&D to internal and external contract laboratories during the Commercialization stages of new product development, and external site-to-site method transfers in partnership with Quality and Procurement teams.
- Execute analytical testing procedures for feasibility prototypes, early stage formulations, informal stability, process development, scale-up and optimization, and all relevant testing throughout the full product development lifecycle.
- Write, review and approve various documents related to analytical method development, verification and validation of methods, and specifications.
- 10+ years industrial experience in a management/functional leadership role in Analytical Sciences in the dietary supplement, consumer healthcare and/or Branded consumer packaged goods industry with continually increasing scope of responsibilities and demonstrated success
- Must have experience working closely and jointly collaborating with Development and Commercial functions to support growth opportunities via Innovation introductions to the marketplace.
- Must be willing to travel regularly to identify partners and manage successful method development, method transfer and data management activities associated with Analytical Science and Developmental Stability roles.
- MS in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or equivalent is required. A PhD is a plus.
- Broad-based experience identifying, partnering with and managing external contract laboratories and suppliers, and fee-for-service development relationships.
- Demonstrated proficiency in NPD/Stage Gate process from Ideation through Commercialization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with proven ability to manage up and work productively with cross-functional peers in a collaborative team environment.
- Works seamlessly in both a business and R&D environment with proven ability to deliver programs on time, on quality and within budget.
- Commitment to core values of collaboration& teamwork, creativity & intellectual curiosity, integrity & respect, nimbleness, execution excellence, quality of innovation and accountability.
- Experience and success in utilizing applied statistics, modeling and design of experiments in planning and execution of new products and all related support activities.
New Product Development