To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Manager, Management and Automation
Pentagon Federal Credit Union • Chantilly, VA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Senior Manager, Management and Automation
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Management and Automation in our Chantilly Datacenter in Chantilly, VA. The primary purpose of this job is to engineer, deploy and maintain enterprise management and monitoring solutions in support of infrastructure and business project delivery. This position is essential to forming and delivering the future state of PenFed’s enterprise management environment, which supports both member facing and internal employee systems.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Assume complete ownership and responsibility to create and run a highly efficient, high quality Management and Automation Team and is motivated by setting and committing to aggressive project deadlines.
- Serve as the primary IT management leader supporting management and monitoring related efforts in support of PenFed operations and Availability Command Center (ACC).
- Engage with the operations, network engineering, and network architecture teams to build, drive, improve our tools and convert manual processes into executable software.
- Partner with engineering and operations teams to solve workflow problems by prioritizing and building comprehensive, data-driven automation infrastructure.
- Assess and build a common set of tools that are needed across a diverse infrastructure base and leveraged by various support organizations.
- Monitor automation quality and create alerts and dashboards to measure and analyze performance trends of infrastructure and services. Ensure all tools developed have metrics baked into early development cycles to better understand adoption trends.
- Collaborate with inter-disciplinary infrastructure teams to identify and to meet infrastructure business requirements with respect to systems management.
- Rationalize current management and monitoring systems and create an enterprise strategy focused on consolidation, purpose and performance.
- Integrate management and monitoring systems with enterprise ticketing and asset management systems and develop system automation capabilities.
- Manage infrastructure projects to ensure the proper identification of scope and requirements, to meet functional and performance needs.
- Continuously look for cost saving and time reduction in all aspects of technology development and share ideas and approaches across technology teams.
- Build and manage teams to oversee the compilation of design documentation and work across teams to ensure technology deployment is coordinated and well supported.
- Build and manage technical professionals to maintain long-term, sustained growth of the IT unified communications team.
- Establish a strong relationship with third parties to ensure a proactive understanding of technical capabilities, while effectively supporting enhancements.
- Maintain strong professional relationships outside of the organization and keep current with new technologies by following other financial organizations, user groups and relevant webinars.
- Provide proactive management of IT staff through continuous, open communication supported by effective application of personnel actions and reviews.
- Designate improvement opportunities and realize those opportunities thru innovative approaches, which coalesce with the mission and goals of IT.
- Demonstrate transformational leadership qualities of developing and communicating a clear vision and innovative strategies.
- Utilize in depth architectural and technical knowledge and possess the ability to identify areas for improvement related to automation and process efficiencies within project.
Education and Experience
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in technical management of large scale distributed systems.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in managing people.
- An experience with automation is required.
- Maintain a strong functional knowledge of TCP/IP is required.
- Experience with network device security and monitoring configuration.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill with presenting conceptual designs to executives, mid-level managements, and peer engineers.
- Experience with scripting languages, Perl and Python are preferred.
- Experience with network monitoring tool hosting in AWS, Azure, or GCP is preferred.
- Strong interest in learning and evolving skill-set to drive continued innovation.
- Strong experience with enterprise fault, configuration and performance management systems is required.
- Strong understanding of enterprise system management and monitoring integration and automation capabilities is required.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure development and agile delivery methodologies is required.
This position will directly supervise employees and third-party resources.
Licenses and Certifications
There are no additional licenses and/or certifications required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Established in 1935, PenFed today is one of the country’s strongest and most stable financial institutions with over 1.6 million members and over $23 billion in assets. We serve members in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Guam, Puerto Rico, Okinawa, and Portugal. We are federally insured by NCUA and we are an Equal Housing Lender. We are available to members worldwide, via the web, seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day.
Our mission isn’t simply to help our members get by. We exist to help them realize every ounce of their potential. We exist to educate, and to encourage. We exist to usher their dreams into the land of reality.
We provide our employees with a lucrative benefits package including robust medical, dental and vision plan options, plenty of paid time off, 401k with employer match, on-site fitness facilities at our larger locations, and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PenFed management will maintain and observe personnel policies which will not discriminate or permit harassment or retaliation against a person because of race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, military or veteran status or obligation, the presence of a physical and/or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, and all statuses protected by applicable state or local law in all recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, overtime, position classifications, work assignments, facilities, promotions, transfers, employee treatment, and in all other terms and conditions of employment. PenFed will also prohibit retaliation against individuals for raising a complaint of discrimination or harassment or participating in an investigation of same.
PenFed will also reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can apply for a job or perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to PenFed. Contact human resources (HR) with any questions or requests for accommodation at 571-289-4710.