In this role you will assist the compliance department personnel in handling and administering specialty-risk related compliance filings and requirements, with support responsibility for overall regulatory compliance, applications and licensure. Focus on company's specialty risk and extended warranty programs, including legal research in support of such programs. Provide additional support for various special projects as directed by department management personnel, including those issues that may involve research-intensive analysis. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Mail, photocopy, scan or fax as required by department personnel
- Maintain Filing Folders with currently filed and/or approved filings
- Maintain Forms Folders with currently approved forms
- Maintain CLIP Templates with up to date fill-in forms
- Maintain and update department charts including approved contract lists by client
- Update SRMS system with approved contracts and amended CLIPs
- Prepare CLIPs necessary for client’s programs
- Prepare and distribute Certificates for Providers
- Maintain and distribute Filing Status Reports on various active filings
- Verify client licenses and work with Account Managers to keep up to date
- Research insurance laws and regulations to assist compliance personnel in determining their impact on specialty risk / extended warranty products, practices and administrative procedures and to assist in monitoring developments and trends in the insurance industry. Prepare memos analyzing and summarizing research results. Update and maintain existing legal research
- Prepare and submit new program filing packages, including service contract forms, rates, and related filings pertaining to the specialty-risk and extended warranty program as directed by department management personnel
- Bachelor’s Degree, paralegal certification or other relevant combination of education and industry experience is desired
- At least 2-3 years in a corporate environment, property & casualty insurance experience is preferred
- Knowledge of service contract and extended warranty products strongly preferred, though not required
- Detail oriented with ability to organize data and documents; strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple and diverse workload
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.