Our mid-size, precision machining client is a well-known technical manufacturer in the Springfield area in need of an experienced Quality Engineer. The ideal candidate for this position will be used to, and comfortable, with a machining environment, and have the ability to work with the Quality team while still achieving independently.
Our client has roughly 200 employees and they work directly with a number of suppliers/clients across several industries. They are employee-centric, offer great benefits package, and looking for someone to fit into their unique culture.
- Support continuous improvement measures by providing technical information and reviewing processes as they are revised.
- Performs QE liaison activities as required to support internal/external customer service and satisfaction.
- Creates accurate, timely reports for quality system issues. Strong ability to summarize facts, data, graphs, tables, pictures and related details into comprehensive reports. Ability to create and deliver reports and in a timely manner.
- Identify & define issues for quality control
- Program CMM for automated part verification and be familiar with the use of all inspection hand gauging including but not limited to; micrometers, thread gauges, dial indicators, vernier calipers, height gauges, internal and external thread gauges, ID/OD mics, bore gauges, etc.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is HIGHLY preferred
- Machining Environment experience is required
- Minimum 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in AS9100, ISO 9001 standards or Quality Management Systems and facilitating continuous improvement using formal quality methodology and tools.
- 4K annual Bonus
- Well-known mid-size manufacturer in Western MA
- Autonomous role with opportunity to drive processes
- High-tech product line
- Structured Growth Plan
- Excellent benefits package
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance