Tower Health is a thriving regional health system in Southeastern Pennsylvania comprised of six hospitals and over 11,000 team members. Tower Health hospitals offer a dedication to care excellence and professional recognition that includes a Level I Trauma Center accredited hospital, Magnet® designation, and many other accolades. Elevate your career by leading Applications in a progressive health system committed to Advancing Health and Transforming Lives. Join the transformation.
Relocation is offered for this position. The work location is based in West Reading, PA.
Under the direction of the Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer, the Vice President of Applications directs the IT services for clinical, ancillary and business systems across Tower Health.
The Vice President of Applications:
- Oversees management, maintenance, implementations, upgrades, support, and enhancements of the enterprise systems such that they meet performance and availability standards set for each of them.
- Plans IT services in conjunction with clinical departmental leadership to ensure that systems and services meet business and operational needs of those departments.
- Responsible for positioning the organization with appropriate information technology applications to react to changing healthcare demands.
- Researches marketplace keeping current on technology platforms that could be vital for Tower Health and monitors strategic marketplace trends.
- Ensures the development and implementation of systems which support the effective and efficient flow of patient information across that system and maximize financial and clinical performance.
- Works with direct report Directors and Managers on growth and development of staff, managers and directors. Responsible for overseeing a large application systems group, the human resource processes for the staff, including justification requests for new positions, filling vacancies and advancement of other HR processes.
- Works with all levels of leadership across Tower Health. Partners with organizational leadership to create strategies and roadmaps for the implementation and utilization of technology applications.
- Works with physicians and employees across the organization.
- Ensures implementations are on time and on budget.
- Manages key vendor contracts and relationships.
- Serves as a next level of escalation to manage difficult service situations effectively.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- A genuine, strong Tower Health cultural fit with a passion for Tower Health's IT philosophy.
- Approachable, strategic leader with a proven ability to build and sustain trusting relationships across the enterprise at all levels and demonstrated customer focus.
- Proven ability to design and drive change.
- Experience with the transformation of applications.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with computer and enterprise-wide technology systems required.
- Minimum of 5 years of Director or Sr. Director level experience leading IT delivery services across a large organization required. Experience integrating applications across a growing health system preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of healthcare experience required. Epic experience required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Microsoft Office.
Service Level Agreement