Driver's License (Required)
Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
solar: 1 year (Preferred)
KOTA Construction is the Quality choice for your power production needs. Our goal is to provide clean affordable energy that will power the lives of those you love. As a customer experience focused company our goal is to ensure the easiest and most intuitive ways to offer power producing products to the end user. We are excited to transform the way people experience and use green energy.
KOTA is looking for the most dedicated Roof Lead in the trade industry and will offer competitive compensation to hire them. The roof lead is responsible for following company procedures and directions to lead the installation of solar equipment each day. This position requires the management of a team of installers andrequires complete fulfillment of company standards in Safety, Quality and Company Efficiency.
- Capable of performing most aspects of role independently with no supervisory responsibilities
- Understands basic PV construction and capable of reading plan set
- Able to configure PV array layout based on site conditions and customers needs and expectations
- Understands roof top concepts and materials for energy product installation and maintenance work including modules, mounting hardware, and conduit fitting
- Understands how to appropriately manage time and complete tasks with a sense of urgency
- Position will require travel to job sites for on-site management. There may be extended periods of travel required.
- Ensures that equipment is weather sealed
- Assists with quality audits as well as routine maintenance on energy systems
- Attend weekly team meetings and mandatory training sessions on new products, installation methodology, and safety
- Provide a world class customer experience to all customers
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Experience in roof work, general construction, or carpentry
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to safely handle hand tools and power tools as well as materials such as: ladders, solar panels, batteries, and other similar electrical equipment, lumber, roofing materials, etc.
- Excellent customer service and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Google Suite familiarity preferred
- Excellent attendance is essential for the team to achieve success
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- Travel is mandatory and will vary dependent on business need. Employees must be able to travel in and around our market area.
- Must be able to work at great heights including on rooftops, climbing ladders, and stairs
- Must be able to work in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold, crawl spaces, attic, etc.)
- Prolonged periods of repetitious duties including lifting, bending, and standing for long periods
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds frequently
- Must meet all OSHA standards for working at heights including:
a. Ability to climb and utilize equipment on site including various ladders rated for 325lbs.
b. Must meet OSHA fall protection standards for at height work limited at 310lbs.
c. Must be able to meet equipment standards for fall protection (harness, anchor, ropes,etc.) with a maximum capacity of 310 lbs.
d. Candidates must successfully complete and pass MVR background check
Pay: $23.00 - $32.00 per hour
- Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- solar: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Construction Toolkits