Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Hours: 12 hours shift 6am to 6pm or 6pm to 6am
Licensure: Arizona Licensed Practical Nurse license required.
About the Company
Catalina is affiliated with Bandera Health care, which has 26 skilled nursing facilities in Arizona. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the “Service Center,” a world-class service team that provides the centralized legal, human resource, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus on day-to-day care and business issues in their facilities and operations.
About the Opportunity
The right candidate will posses an ownership attitude, a high degree of initiative and view no task as too large or too small. The Licensed Practical Nurse is responsible for providing direct nursing care to the residents. Such care must be delivered in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing Services designee.
- Make rounds with physicians as appropriate.
- Requisition and arrange for diagnostic and therapeutic services, as ordered by the physician, and in accordance with established procedures.
- Consult with the resident’s physician in providing the resident’s care, treatment, rehabilitation, etc., as appropriate.
- Cooperate with and coordinate social and activity programs with nursing service schedules.
- Notify the resident’s attending physician when the resident is involved in an accident or incident.
- Carry out restorative and rehabilitative programs, to include self-help and care.
- Administer services within the applicable scope of nursing practice, which may include: catheterization, tube feedings, suction, applying and changing dressings/bandages, packs, colostomy, and drainage bags, taking blood, giving massages and range of motion exercises, care for the dead/dying, etc., as appropriate and in accordance with applicable standards.
- •Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an LPN in Arizona
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to long-term care.
- Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as the willingness to handle difficult residents.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, Life & AD&D Insurance Plans, 401(k) with matching contribution, vacation, sick and holiday pay for full time employees. Tuition reimbursement and tuition funding are available. To learn more visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Catalina Post Acute Care and Rehabilitation
2611 N Warren Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85719
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Practical Nurse - LPN
Licensed Practical Nurse
Long Term Care