Responsible for an assigned portfolio of loan and deposit relationships with small business clients. Solicit new business; manage risk and credit decisions; and service existing clients through the bank’s relationship management program. Work with branch partners to effectively sell to the business customer and cross-sell other bank products.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Develop new banking relationships with business prospects. Service existing business banking client base. Achieve established goals as outlined by manager.
- Work with branch partners to maximize sales efforts to business customers and cross sell other products and services that the bank offers. Network with centers of influence to develop business including accountants, attorneys and other referral sources.
- Evaluate credit information and requests and recommend appropriate loan structure to manage risk. Effectively negotiate with underwriters and clients to maximize revenue and minimize risk.
- Achieve sales goals with minimum expectations as follows:
- Revenue of $150M to $4000M.
- Loan production of $4MM to $8MM.
- Deposit balance production of $400M to $2MM.
- Manage loan portfolio of $7.5MM to $20MM.
- Oversee approximately 15 to 40 relationship managed clients.
- Actively participate in all business banking and retail sales sprints. Achieve call targets and other product sales goals such cash management, visa merchant, and others as assigned. Participate in civic and cultural organizations and programs. Utilize prescribed selling techniques to maximize sales opportunities.
Ability to sell effectively to prospects and clients. Manage and retain existing clients.
Work closely with internal contacts to service clients.
Supervisory/ Managerial Responsibilities:
Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of relevant work experience
3 plus years experience.
Education and Experience Required:
Knowledge of personal computers and the software utilized by the department
Ability to read and analyze financial statements and tax returns.
Sound credit skills necessary to evaluate loan requests.
Good understanding of Cash Management, Merchant Service, Trade Services products offered to Business Banking customers and ability to identify sales opportunities for those product sets.
Strong interpersonal and presentation skills required.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States of America