Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
***Sign On Bonus of $5000***
The Maintenance Mechanic is assists in setting priorities and schedules for mechanics to insure the smooth running of bakery equipment. Follows all safety procedures as set forth by the Company.
Top Reasons to Work at Bimbo Bakeries USA:
- Great starting pay of $29.00 up to $41.50 with career progression!
- Union position!
- Excellent benefits package - including pension!
- Growing organization & increased demand for products!
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Acts as Team Leader for the crew.
- Responsible for verifying work done by the crew he acts as Team Leader for.
- Assists with prioritizing work orders assigned to crew.
- Performs preventative maintenance as scheduled.
- Performs repairs and corrections to machines.
- Promptly responds to calls from Production Managers for assistance.
- Knowledgeable in measuring devices.
- Performs repairs as directed by the maintenance mechanic including welding and use of tools.
- Perform diagnostic work.
- Exceptional knowledge of the bakery process including timing issues.
- Notifies Chief Engineer when outside vendor assistance is necessary.
- Possess understanding and fundamentals of electrical diagnosis, general concepts of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Knowledge of proper parts needed in various machines.
- Assist in keeping proper inventory of parts.
- Notify Supervisor of any deviations, difficulties and inventory issues.
- Abide by all GMP’s, Personal and Food Safety Rules.
- Other duties that may be assigned by appropriate management.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
- High School graduate or its equivalency in experience and/or training.
• Able to stand for up to 12 hours, while working with and around machinery.
• Able to work in temperatures in excess of 90 degrees Fahrenheit and humidity levels in excess of 98%.
• Able to stoop, bend and crouch on a regular basis to check equipment or supplies in low-lying areas.
• Able to lift 60 pounds once an hour and 10 to 50 pounds repeatedly.
• Able to push and/or pull wheeled carts of 100 to 500 pounds on a regular basis.
• Able to raise arms overhead repeatedly while lifting 30 pounds.
• Able to sweep, mop, and do general, as well as detailed cleaning.
• Able to climb ladders.
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Food Safety
- Mechanical Engineering