To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
4251 Suitland Road
Suitland-Silver Hill, MD 20746
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Systems Architect
General Dynamics Information Technology • Suitland-Silver Hill, MD
Posted 6 days ago
General Dynamics IT has an opening for a Senior Systems Architect with strong communication and technical skills that will provide vision and technical leadership for our large Federal Government Agency’s DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) Center of Excellence. This role encompasses vision, technical leadership, and hands-on application of the candidate’s expertise and knowledge in 1) the installation and evaluation of toolchain products, creation of toolchain, 2) Proof of Concept (POC) templates that demonstrate proper usage of toolchain products, 3) integrating toolchain products with other agency adopted products using Java and EAI software, and 4) providing toolchain operations support staff any needed assistance or guidance.
The candidate must be a US Citizen and be able to obtain Department of Commerce vetting clearance.
Specific roles & responsibilities for the position include but not limited to the following:
Vision and toolchain system architecture
- Work with Agency leadership in establishing plans for adopting the culture changes necessary for a successful DevOps approach.
- Identify bottlenecks in Agency’s SDLC and working with Agency leadership to develop an approach to remove the bottlenecks, increase feedback cycles and enhance SDLC process delivery with the right CI/CD pipeline architecture.
- Develop vision and system architecture of the enterprise CI/CD pipeline toolchain products for full SDLC (waterfall, Agile) of secure (ATO), highly available Java, .NET, NodeJS and mobile based applications including “infrastructure as code” for Gov-cloud/AWS, private cloud and legacy VM operations – automating the processes of VM template creations and application deployments.
- Develop vision and system architecture of the monitoring infrastructure to monitor enterprise CI/CD pipeline toolchain and project team application environments.
- Become trusted advisor of Agency’s Standards Working Group (SWG) which approves all Agency software products.
- Develop license management approach for all CI/CD pipeline toolchain products.
- Define infrastructure and enable automated tools for the test teams to perform all automated functional testing (HP UFT and Selenium) and HP Performance center and HP LoadRunner performance tests.
- Develop vision and architecture of Project team developer laptop suite of tools that support CI/CD.
- Define architecture for Management and scanning of commercial and open source jar files stored in artifact repositories.
- Develop architectural and operational knowledge of hosted services and build troubleshooting guides and run books for supporting operations services.
Toolchain AoAs and POCs
- Define, build and construct examples of proper enterprise CI/CD pipeline toolchain usage via proof of concept (POC) templates that project teams can utilize to build CI/CD pipeline automations that increase feedback cycles, decrease SDLC process delivery cycle time and increase code quality/security.
- Establish and show how project teams can utilize measurable metrics that prove quality is increasing with decreased cycle times.
- Work with enterprise CM/Release Management teams to create POC examples that show how toolchain automations fulfill CM/Release Management standards and guidelines.
- Create presentations and demonstrations of leading edge products like Pivotal PaaS, microservices, database changes via script-based migration automations and data.
- Perform toolchain product evaluations and analysis of Alternatives (AoA) of competing products in a specific toolchain category.
Toolchain Product Integrations
- Define system architecture for pipeline toolchain integrations and assisting in coding (Java) of CI/CD product integrations such that the toolchain provides full-cycle SDLC and integration with Agency products such as 1) Agile Project management releases (in HP ALM/AgM, Redmine or Jira), 2) Solutions Business Manager (SBM) workflows that manage Change Requests (CRs) and SDLC environment promotions and 3) HP ALM test result integrations from HP UFT / Selenium automation functional tests.
Toolchain Operations Support
- Support CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change management, and maintenance as tier 3 SME expert on CI/CD toolchain products, Including Troubleshooting of issues along the CI/CD pipeline.
- Support project teams in implementing full automation of CI (TDD, unit testing, code quality, code security, etc.), automation of functional/non-functional testing and automation of deployment to diverse environments (Java: Weblogic, Tomcat; .NET: IIS; NodeJS).
- Develop policies, standards, guidelines, governance and related guidance for CI/CD operations support.
- Code and document custom automation scripts/frameworks for toolchain operations support team better manage the toolchain environment.
- Define how Agency toolchain operations support team, On-boards and supports developers from source control, through build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Analyze project team current operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to uncover opportunities for improvements.
- Evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated subject matter expertise and hands-on experience in:
- System Application development, specifically utilizing CI/CD automation in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Creating CI/CD build automations with Cloudbees Jenkins.
- Subversion and GitHub.
- Build-time Dependency Management (Maven (Java), Nuget (.NET), NPM (nodeJS)).
- Artifact repository managers (Nexus/Artifactory).
- Automated testing tools (HP UFT, Selenium, and LoadRunner).
- Automated Deployments via multiple tools and environments (Maven, Ansible, Octopus, etc.).
- Release management.
- Application Performance Monitoring (APM) – e.g. AppDynamics.
- Log Management (Splunk, Logstash, etc.).
- Integration of CI/CD toolchain products with Agile project management tools such as HP Agile Manager or Jira.
- Integration of CI/CD toolchain products with Change Management and SDLC environment management tools (e.g. Solutions Business Management [SBM], remedy).
- Java/Groovy coding skills for creating complex Jenkins build scenarios and for toolchain integration scenarios.
- Code branching/merging strategies.
The successful candidate will have additional hands-on working experience in:
- System Application development in full SDLC development cycles for waterfall and Agile, - specifically utilizing CI/CD automation in an Agile Software Development environment.
- Automated deployments from Jenkins to JEE-stack application servers Tomcat and WebLogic 12c.
- Systems level configuration management tools – Puppet, Chef, or Ansible.
- Linux and Windows operating systems.
- UNIX shell scripting language such as Bash, Ruby, Perl and Python.
- Windows Powershell.
- Configuration management.
- Application performance Monitoring (APM) tool (e.g. AppDynamics).
- Data virtualization / data masking tool (e.g. Delphix).
- Database versioning tools such as Flyway for Java or FluentMigrator for .NET.
- Static Code quality checking tools (e.g. SonarCube).
- Static Code security checking tools (e.g. HP Fortify).
- Development team collaboration tools (e.g. Slack).
- Automated deployments using Octopus Deploy.
- Unit testing and code-coverage tools (JUnit, Coverity, Cobertura).
- Functional test automation techniques and tools (HP UFT, Selenium).
- Relational databases administration (i.e. Oracle, MySQL) & Non-relational databases (MongoDB).
- Cloud-based environment, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Container technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Microservice architectural approach.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or a related technical discipline.
10-15 years of overall IT experience, including operations support with developer skills.
10+ years system application development experience, 5+ years using CI/CD and TDD as a developer.
5+ years of CI/CD toolchain engineering experience building Jenkins pipeline automations using the toolchain products listed above.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.