To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lorton, VA 22079
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Regional Code Welder (Covanta Field Services) for Mid-Atlantic Region
Covanta • Lorton, VA
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
The job description for this position shall include the repair of refuse boiler pressure parts, associated parts as governed by the BPPI Code as well as associated auxiliary equipment and other maintenance work requiring mechanical skills. This work will be performed during both outage and non-outage periods at Covanta operated facilities. The position will involve extensive travel to those facilities with overnight stays, weekend and night work as required.
• To qualify you must have at least 5 years experience in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment.
• Minimum 5 years in power plant operating environment. Formal technical or apprenticeship training is desired.
• Pressure part welding of carbon steel and stainless with previous qualification in all positions to NBIC code specs.
• Must be able to read and use blue prints, construction drawings and AWS welding symbols.
• Must be capable of performing welding in SMAW, GTAW, and GMAW as well as all portable cutting technologies.
• The ability to read, understand and apply information such as OSHA lockout/tagout procedures, safety rules, job hazard analyses, and procedure manuals.
• Training and experience in general rigging practices specifically in boiler element rigging.
• Ability to stay alert while sitting for long periods of time, work in close quarters and confined spaces, climb ladders, scaffolding and structures, tolerate heights, tolerate high temperatures and lift up to 50 pounds.
• Training and skills in metal working tools and metal working shop equipment in the performance of his/her assigned tasks.
• Valid Driver’s License issued by state of residence and in good standing.
• Must be able to work various shifts.
• Flexibility to respond for on-call unscheduled boiler tube repair support and work a varied schedule as required. Strong leadership and motivational skills are a must.