Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott’s ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY & HEART FAILURE division, we’re advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in EP/HF, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Abbott is seeking a passionate, experienced strategic medical device leader to join our Heart Failure team. Heart Failure is a condition that affects 5 million people in the United States alone, and Abbott’s coordinated effort to bring new medical device solutions to this population will revolutionize how this debilitating condition is treated in the US and around the world. This mid-level opportunity is with our US Heart Failure business. The restoration of blood flow to patients whose heart is no longer able to provide adequate cardiac output is the first goal of MCS therapy. The HeartMate family of chronic Left Ventricular Assist Devices (LVADs) are returning patients home to live their lives and improve quality of life and functional status, while also preventing costly hospitalizations that represent a significant drain on healthcare systems around the world.
The Manager, US Product Marketing – HF leads the establishment of the marketing vision and annual objectives, goals, strategies and key initiatives for the US marketing organization. Manages a team of high-performing individuals and provides informal and formal coaching in alignment with organizational objectives. Conducts regular performance assessments. Executes global product launch planning, including business objectives, product positioning, and key selling messages. Leads cross functional teams to develop revenue growth programs, competitive insight, and proactive positioning. Manages monthly, quarterly and annual budgets. Effectively allocates resources to meet established business goals. Leads planning activities including development and execution of product commercialization strategies and tactics. Builds relationships with key opinion leaders and customers to help develop/drive marketing strategies. Focal point for the Heart Failure team with regard to LVAD product and market knowledge, planning/execution, and achievement of business objectives
• Direct and coordinate Marketing and Market Development activities toward accomplishment of business goals and objectives
• Establish Marketing project priorities and allocate resources and workload
• Competition and Positioning: Thoroughly understand competitive offerings and provide commercial organizations with appropriate positioning and tools to differentiate products versus the competition in a profitable manner that adds value to the customer.
• Ensure appropriate training and education is provided to those personnel that are involved in the use or application of division products
• Develop and execute marketing strategies through cross divisional collaboration, planning and influence
• Analyze results of executed strategies to assure achievement of company sales and profit objectives
• Works with internal business partners to develop integrated marketing plans to drive product mix and grow Abbott’s franchise to include clinical research and publications
• Trains, coaches, mentors, and evaluates team members and support group personnel to enhance the probability of successful project completion
• Prepare and manage annual department budget
• Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION YOU'LL BRING:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing or equivalent, MBA preferred.
• 12+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent. 5+ years of demonstrated experience at a managerial (supervisory) level, including prior manager-level leadership experience at a medical technology company.
• 3+ years of experience with Heart Failure, ECMO or ICU medical devices is preferred
• Extensive experience with commercial marketing, including launch, of US and global medical devices
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
• Strong analytical and project management skills.
• Must demonstrate ability to effectively prioritize projects that align with corporate priorities.
• Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
• Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
• Multi-tasks, prioritizes, and meets deadlines in timely manner.
• Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
• Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
• Ability to travel up to 50%.
WHAT WE OFFER:
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, U.S. Commercial Marketing – Acute Mechanical Circulatory Support
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, U.S. Commercial Marketing – Acute Mechanical Circulatory Support, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, U.S. Commercial Marketing – Acute Mechanical Circulatory Support and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
- Product Marketing
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Market Development