DeBra-Kuempel is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world’s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. DeBra-Kuempel combines the expertise of two of the tri-state’s oldest and most innovative companies, providing mechanical and electrical services to Cincinnati, Dayton, Columbus, OH. Lexington, Louisville, Ashland, KY. Evansville, Indianapolis, IN and the surrounding areas.
Job Title: ACCOUNT MANAGER – Ashland, Kentucky – Also Includes West Virginia
Job Summary: As a Service Account Manager, you will lead your team of technicians, manage your account base for profitability, maintain and develop customer relationships and be responsible for your business unit’s operations. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to assume leadership of your team and continue to grow our business in the Ashland Kentucky and West Virginia markets.
Previous HVAC experience is a plus. Many of our current account managers have come out of the field. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate. Your efforts will be supported by our dedicated service sales staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of Team personnel: Service Manager, Service Administrator, Lead Technicians, Apprentices, Dispatcher, and Clerical staff.
- Manage and maintain appropriate control of account responsibility for profit and loss.
- Monitor and manage the Accounts Receivable aging status to ensure collections per company terms, and reduction of Account Receivable aging to thirty days or less.
- Coordination of service staff necessary to provide prompt and accurate invoicing of service contracts, as well as service repair and remodel projects.
- Mentor, coach, and teach in order to expand the skill level of the Service Staff. Effectively delegate authority to team members, as required, meet personal, departmental and company goals. Encourage staff creativity directed toward improved personal, team and departmental performance.
- Provide direction to team for operational and functional duties, as outlined by management.
- Review staffing requirements to meet the business plan and recommend necessary changes in staff.
- Provide staff performance reviews per company guidelines. Assist the Human Resources Manager in maintaining accurate personnel records.
- Monitor employee performance. Make recommendations to Service Vice President and Senior Account Manager regarding continuation of employment, advancement in position and/or wages, or termination of employment.
- Ensure that personnel fully comply with all Federal, State, and Local Government regulations, including (but not limited to) the Clean Air Act; EEO guidelines; OSHA safety standards; and building code standards.
- Throughout area of responsibility, ensure customer and employee satisfaction in direct relation to final accountability to management.
- Manage and maintain policies and procedures, as outlined by company and management, to ensure an efficient, productive and safe working atmosphere.
- Manage and maintain customer account records; including service contract documents, project estimates, correspondence, and engineering drawings.
- Participate in coordinating and directing education and training programs, necessary to meet the goals of the business plan, for technical and administrative staff.
- Ensure personal accessibility to customers and to employees.
- Assemble and estimate service and repair projects and service contracts.
- Provide support to Sales and Marketing in New Account sales efforts.
- Cooperate on interdepartmental projects within established account base.
- Participate in the twenty-four hour on-call rotation, as directed by the Vice President of Service.
- Working hours 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (Additional hours as necessary).
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must possess ability to manage and supervise personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of HVAC & R and/or related Service Industry business experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of Profit and Loss operations/applications.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing operations/applications.
- Working knowledge of PC operation and Microsoft Office programs.
- Must possess valid driver's license and proof of insurability.
- Team leader and team player.
- Professional appearance.
- Outstanding customer relations and satisfaction.
- Outstanding employee relations and satisfaction.
- Manage and maintain account base, with targeted, or better; profitability.
- Well managed and maintained documents and records.
- Consistency in operations and procedures.
- Customer retention measured by limiting service contract loss to targeted goal.
- Sustained growth of the Team, the Service Department, and the Company.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Relationship Management
Resolve Customer Issue
Achieve Client Need