For over 100 years, BlueScope continues to build on our reputation of quality brands and products, leading technology and a customer-first spirit. Through our global brands, we are one of the largest manufacturers of building solutions in the world. Our diverse, bright and inspired workforce is committed to bettering the communities we serve through breakthrough thinking and innovations. Your goals, ideas and perspective can help shape our future – we look forward to hearing them! Job Description
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately review and prepare in a timely manner the Plant payroll for processing.
- Review and correct all timecard entries. Process out of class pay requests and assist employees with reviewing their payroll information and paychecks.
- Track and process payroll deductions.
- Manage pay records for proper coding and payment of wages.
- Sign off and approve ADP payroll preview for bi-weekly payroll.
- Review compensation data including quarterly and annual PFP payouts.
- Reconcile P Card in JP Morgan site.
- Answer and direct incoming calls. Greet visitors and ensure they're properly signed in and are directed to the correct individual(s). When appropriate, ensure all PPE is available and prepared for visitors.
- Maintain visitor PPE inventory.
- Post various communications on the monitors in the lobby and throughout the office area.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining the Uniform Program, Vending Services, Safety shoe/Boot Program and Office Supplies.
- Assist in new hire orientation including making ID Cards, assembling new hire orientation manuals and updating the picture board with the new employees' names and pictures.
- Assist with employee welfare programs including recognition, events and update meetings. This also includes posting the communication meeting schedule, planning the annual Service Award Dinner, processing gym reimbursements, ordering birthday cakes and purchasing birthday cards and Gift cards etc.
- Maintain Scrap Log by matching individual load tickets to the consolidated Scrap Resources Report.
- Create, track and maintain all cards for door and time clocks.
- Assign and track classes for Maintenance employees.
- Set up and grade Work Keys Testing.
- Perform miscellaneous filing for Sales, HR, Accounting and Safety.
- Other such duties as may be assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 2 years Payroll experience OR 1 year HR experience including processing payroll.
- High degree of judgement and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong computer skills, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a Team environment.
- Strong Oral and Written Communication skills.
The preceding job responsibilities and tasks were designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this job. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all job duties and responsibilities required of associates assigned to this job. Associates may be required to perform other duties as assigned. Additional job competencies, individual goals, and performance measurements are set at the department level.
The benefits are just as rewarding as the work at BlueScope. To support our goal, we offer a total compensation plan and an outstanding benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid time off, and retirement.
EEO Employer/M/F/Disabled/Protected Veteran
BlueScope is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status, as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Automated Data Processing (Adp)