This Jobot Job is hosted by: Andrea Silberberg
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.A bit about us:
We are a professional accounting firm providing services to a wide array of clients in many industries including health care, real estate, construction, manufacturing, retailing, and professional services.
Join our team as a Staff Tax Accountant!
Location: Birmingham, AL
Salary: Negotiable DOE
Schedule: Monday - Friday
*PLEASE SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Tax Accountant
AFTER YOU APPLY DIRECTLY*
1. Please read the job description and tell me why you would be a great fit for this role.
2. Do you have your CPA? If not, are you in the process?
3. What salary are you looking for?
4. Can you easily commute to Birmingham, AL?
5. What is your citizenship status?Why join us?
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
The staff accountant is given a wide variety of diversified accounting and tax assignments under the supervision of different professionals. Performance is judged based on the quality of work, application of accounting knowledge, and ability to meet time constraints.
- Becomes familiar with the firm’s policies and procedures
- Effectively communicates with client to receive information necessary to complete the engagement with a minimum of disruption to client.
- Understands the rules, regulations, and Code of Professional Conduct of the AICPA.
- Attends and participates in professional education including in-house group meetings and participates in professionally sponsored training sessions.
- Progresses professionally by working toward passing the CPA exam as soon as possible.
- Performs other accounting, auditing, tax, and consulting duties as needed in engagements an as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- May be required to perform all phases of an engagement, including report writing and tax return preparation.
- Expected to read professional journals and to remain current in their knowledge of recent developments and authorized pronouncements in their practice areas.
- May train other staff accountants.
- Contributes to client service team by producing quality work, quick turnaround, and attentive service.
- Assists with recruiting new staff by maintaining university contacts and participating in on-campus and office visits.
- Performs services within budgeted time by developing technical, time management, and organizational skills.
- Develops sound working relationships with administrative personnel, peers, and supervisors to foster teamwork.
If assigned primarily to financial statement engagements:
- Becomes familiar with pronouncements of the FASB, AICPA, and when assigned to governmental engagements, the GAO and GASB.
- Becomes proficient at preparing financial statements using the firm’s software programs.
- Expected to provide ideas to improve client’s systems and operation during the engagement.
- Involved in the engagement planning process.
If assigned primarily to tax engagements
- Becomes familiar with pertinent IRC sections and regulations
- Obtains a working knowledge of research techniques and the various research sources in the firm library.
- Becomes proficient in the preparation of corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, and other tax returns prepared by the firm.
- Assumes responsibility for the completion of tax returns under the supervision of more experienced staff.
- Prepares tax returns using the firm’s software programs.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or master’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of 40 hours of continuing professional education is required each year.
- Proficiency in use of computers and computer accounting / tax software programs.
- Well-rounded knowledge of accounting principles and personal income taxes.
- Either holds a current and valid certified public accountant’s license or is working toward obtaining the license by taking and passing the applicable state CPA exam.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.