CONTROLLER - Healthcare/Non-Profit
Controller is responsible for effectively managing all accounting functions and for providing accurate and timely financial information to the Chief Financial Officer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyzes financial implications of proposed services and programs, and makes recommendations to the CFO.
- Ensures proper processing of A/P, payroll, cash and all other accounting systems.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating cash projections and the cash management plan.
- Establishes and monitors systems and controls in order to safeguard financial integrity and meet grant, reimbursement and regulatory requirements.
- Provides financial management support for projects as requested by Senior Management.
- Immediately informs CFO of any concerns and/or problems.
- Ensures that vendor payment agreements are met.
- Responsible for management function of accounting department including timely annual performance appraisals, quality controls, training, hiring and disciplining.
- Will assist with banking functions.
- Will assist in the budgeting process.
- Will assist with establishing and updating all finance-related procedures and policies.
- Conducts monthly review of internal financial statements and provides CFO with recommendations on controlling expenditures or maximizing revenues.
- Coordinates year-end audit preparation and acts as the liaison between external auditors and accounting personnel. Minimizes audit expenses.
- Works with Finance team to improve maintenance of accounting records and improvements to current accounting systems and data flow.
- Assist in designing financial reporting package and facilitating the on-going interface between software packages.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of the principles of financial management.
- Skill in analyzing financial data and patterns.
- Knowledge of healthcare fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
- Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision-making to achieve organizational objectives.
- Excellent skills in identifying and resolving problems.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CPA and Masters Degree in accounting preferred.
- Bachelors in accounting required.
- At least five years experience in non-profit financial management position preferred.
- Strong general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, income tax knowledge and familiarity with not for profit accounting principles.
- Excellent organization, communication, and managerial skills.
- Proficient knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and general ledger accounting software.
- Very organized, reliable, efficient and effective high level professional capable of thriving in a very fast-paced and action-oriented work environment; capable of handling many complex tasks at once; excellent supervision skills; highly organized; experienced in carrying out complex project management tasks with little supervision.
Compensation: $100,000 to $120,000 + bonus
- Accounting Software
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Management