About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of operated crane services, rigging services, turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial and Southern Crane’s ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial Constructors is seeking, General Maintenance Tech candidate at the GE Aviation site in Batesville, MS.
• Moving office furniture.
• Assembly of shelving and workbenches.
• Replacing ballast and lamps.
• Painting, touchup and cleaning facility as directed.
• Perform grounds maintenance as required.
• Add coolant and lubricate to machines as required.
• Support other maintenance employees as directed.
• Ability to use and operate hand and power tools such as electric drills, air drills, hand wrenches, and other tools as needed in a safe, efficient manner.
• Considerable knowledge of safety standards and precautions pertaining to plant maintenance and repair work.
• Enter and maintain records in the computer, including but not limited to Maximo work orders and preventive maintenance records.
• Must have the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Analyze and resolve work problems.
• Must have the ability to balance multiple tasks/priorities.
• Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
• As required, perform safety inspections of work area, equipment and tools, in accordance with SIC policy to ensure compliance with government regulations, customer requirements, and SIC’s safety program.
• Complete all Safety and general job training as required by SIC.
• Observes SIC/Client Safety processes and procedures at all times.
• Maintain a safe, clean and organized working environment.
• Perform other job duties as assigned by Supervisor or Manager.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, freezers, and warehouses, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property and buildings. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working on ladders, and in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled