NWN is recognized as a leading national Cisco partner and a leader in the IT services industry. NWN holds many awards and elite certifications from Cisco, AWS, HP Inc., HPE, VMWare, NetApp, Dell-EMC, and Microsoft. With over 500 employees across the U.S. the company is on a fast track to even greater success. If you're a top performer looking for a new opportunity we want to talk to you!
NWN is looking for an Account Executive to join our team in Sacramento, CA covering the Northern California region. This is a full time position with full benefits.
The Territory AE position is a sales hunter role selling the entire NWN solution portfolio to a defined list of assigned prospects/accounts. This challenging role requires daily structure, discipline and dedication requiring outstanding organizational and sales skills. This individual will be an excellent communicator who understands customer needs through a goal driven and analytical approach. This role is critical to the growth and future of NWN.
The scope of essential job responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Sell the entire NWN product and services solution portfolio to a targeted list of assigned customers and prospects.
- Meet or exceed the assigned annual quota (typically between $500K - $1.2M).
- Represent NWN in a professional and ethical manner.
- Develop relationships with focus manufacturer representatives covering your general territory and/or assigned account list.
- Research assigned accounts/prospects to gain an understanding of the business/organization function, their target customers/markets, how they transact business, key decision makers, existing VAR relationships, key financial metrics and the information technology budget.
- Develop relationships with multiple decision makers within assigned accounts.
- Gain an understanding of the information technology strategy of assigned accounts, key projects for the current and upcoming years.
- Consistently and effectively, communicate NWN's value proposition to key stakeholders within assigned accounts.
- Introduce NWN content experts (Solution Architects, BDM's, practice leads, BU Leaders and Executives) to key stakeholders within your assigned accounts. Practice the concept of "none of us is as smart as all of usa^.
- Understand and stay current with partner registration programs and incentives.
- Utilize Netsuite and prospecting tools as directed by Sales management.
- Maintain consistent contact with all assigned accounts.
- Build a personal brand within the territory.
- Ability to grow business from a standing start.
- Cold calling into the assigned territory/market to find new customers and projects.
- Regular meetings with Cisco account teams and assigned customers to promote NWN's solutions and services.
- Work with internal and external resources to develop and sell new our solutions.
- Work with Solution Architects to develop proposals and statements of work to sell NWN solutions.
- Forecast business regularly and accurately and regular using the company CRM tool (NetSuite).
- Attend and facilitate marketing events that are relevant to NWN sales team.
- Attend company-facilitated meetings.
- Participate in industry association(s) as appropriate.
The successful candidate for this position will meet these minimum requirements:
- 2-5 years of solution based selling.
- 5+ years selling technical solutions
- Outside sales experience with direct end-user accounts.
- Minimum of two years proven success in selling technology or related projects in the territory.
- Consistent and documented over-quota performance in a gross margin-driven environment.
- Understanding of key technology solutions.
- Bachelor degree or relevant work experience required.
- Resilient and Positive can do attitude.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Solid communication skills, reasoning ability and people skills.
- Superb listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, ability to present effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding and use of solution selling approach.