To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Joaquin River, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Safety Professional - Between Stockton and Fresno, CA
RCS Corporation • San Joaquin River, CA
Posted 4 days ago
RCS has need for a Safety Professional in Between Stockton and Fresno, CA. This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive compensation and benefits package. Local candidates are required as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Who We Are
RCS Corporation is a certified Woman Business Enterprise (WBE) specializing in the recruitment of professionals for best-of-class companies throughout the United States. RCS recruits top talent for direct hire and contract staffing positions, as well as provides customized and responsive payroll services. Recruiting specialties consist of Engineering Disciplines, Project Management, Project Controls, Information Technology and Business Professionals.
Our client is a utility specialty contractor with over 20 years of experience working with the nation’s largest utility providers, private contractors and developers, municipalities and cooperatives. They specialize in providing turnkey solutions for project of all sizes, and do so with dedication to completing the job on-time while providing the industry’s most innovative safety standards and are driven by a corporate culture of Safety, Integrity, Customer Focus and Employee Empowerment.
The Safety Professional is responsible for a multitude of items ranging from safety, equipment issues, quality of workmanship, technical training and the efficient distribution of tools and equipment. Responsible for promoting exceptional Safety/Quality teamwork with company operations teams at customer work sites. This position assists in resolving process problems and performs safety evaluations and workmanship audits, and promotes improved performance by providing mentoring, coaching, and training.
Field Support (approximately 85% regional field work)
- Perform regular jobsite inspections of all crews to identify unsafe conditions and unsafe work practices.
- Consistently and fairly enforce all company safety rules. Work with managers and supervisors to apply the proper company disciplinary procedures for those employees who violate safety rules.
- Ensure OSHA, EPA and DOT compliance.
- Ensures Damage Prevention standards are utilized and effective.
- Responds to events as necessary to manage response, site safety, customer interface and preliminary investigation.
- Ensure that BASE is contacted per procedure for all applicable events.
- Resolution of any equipment and vehicle issues which may include: compliance with maintenance programs; recommendations of needed repairs; driver qualifications; ensure accurate registrations; DOT inspections and proof of insurance; monitoring annual inspections of company vehicles.
- May conduct small tool inventories.
- Partners with utility companies concerning construction standard issues.
- May assist other Field Support Coordinators from other areas as needed.
- Performs initial training for all field related new hires.
- Perform regular safety training sessions and hold toolbox talks with crews at show-ups or on jobsites.
- Monitors the training needs of the workforce and helps develop, present and keep records for all training.
- Conduct subcontractor training.
- Monitors the completion and effectiveness of all safety programs.
- Responsible for incident and accident investigations.
- Provide root cause analysis on all incidents and accidents.
- Evaluate and monitor quality of workmanship.
- Be knowledgeable in applicable ANSI, EPA, OSHA, and other applicable standards.
- Ensure compliance with equipment maintenance programs.
Loss Prevention Management
- Responsible for carrying out all loss prevention programs, policies, and procedures, congruent with company objectives and culture.
- Assist in internal and external investigations, and make recommendations to management as necessary.
- Conduct safety & quality audits when necessary.
- Oversee and monitor driver risk management program.
- May provide loss prevention training.
- Conducts joint investigations with client security representatives, including but not limited to driver, facility, employee, agent, third party and external investigations.
- Maintains positive interaction with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to assist in common loss reduction goals.
- Actively coordinates and assists management with strategies and solutions for security related matters.
- Implements and adapts security requirements for sub-contractors.
- Assists management when security incidents occurred and supervises the execution of agreed corrective actions.
- Executes security audits.
- BA/BS in Risk Management Discipline (Safety, Quality, Environment, Criminal Justice) and 3 years experience OR Minimum of 5-10 years of Foreman or General Foreman experience (degree preferred).
- Prefer a candidate with knowledge of underground/overhead utilities and civil work.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills, able to work and communicate at all levels.
- Computer skills in most Microsoft programs.
- Position requires individual to participate in the weekend on-call rotation schedule.
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction.
Opportunities for direct hire and contract assignments are updated daily on www.rcscorporation.com.
RCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. RCS provides equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, veteran or marital status.