Lakewood Health System has an opening for a full-time Home Medical Equipment Coordinator at our Staples location!
The Home Medical Equipment Coordinator provides customer service to Lakewood Health System Medical Marketplace customers through patient intake, insurance prior authorizations, order entry and follow-up calls. The Home Medical Equipment Coordinator must learn and understand, in detail, all the medical equipment and supplies offered and must be able to relay this information to the customer/patient. They will also provide retail store coverage.
This is a full-time position, working 72 hours every two weeks between 8:00AM - 4:30PM, and 10:00AM - 6:30PM as assigned.
* Coordinate patient benefits for home medical equipment:
* Gather necessary documentation.
* Insurance verification of coverage.
* Communicate with providers.
* Educate patient on benefits:
* Troubleshoot issues.
* Educate patients on safe use, costs and the importance of the equipment.
* Coordinate follow-up calls and resupply schedule.
* Maintain excellent communication and professional credibility with providers, other departments within the organization and on the DME Team.
* Manage and organize:
* Patient documentation and create accurate insurance claims.
* Business-minded with critical thinking skills.
* Document all information completely and accurately.
* Pursue continuing education and expertise in service lines:
* Participate in in-services and workshop educational opportunities.
* Ability to work independently and apply policy and procedures to maximize patient experience.
* Desire to work as a member of a high-functioning team.
* Respect for confidentiality and professional integrity.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent Internal/External Customer Experience skills.
* Experience with home medical equipment.
* Experience in a healthcare setting.
Application deadline: Open until filled
Lakewood Health System offers an extensive benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, 401k, Tuition Assistance, and much more! Additionally, short- and long-term disability, flex time off, wellness initiatives, and more are offered to eligible employees to assist retaining a healthy work-life balance.
Lakewood Health System is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans) and Equal Opportunity Provider. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and protected veteran status. Lakewood Health System is deeply dedicated to diversity in the workplace.
- Claim Processing
- Critical Thinking
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service