To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- University City, MO
- Area Recruitment Manager
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Security Guards-Armed Watch
Securitas USA • University City, MO
Posted 13 days ago
ARMED TRANSIT SECURITY GUARDS NEEDED!
COME BE A LOCAL PROTECTIVE PATRON!!
FULL-TIME & PART-TIME SHIFTS AVAILABLE
SEEKING OFFICERS FOR 2ND SHIFT & WEEKENDS!
SECURITY WATCH NEEDED AT: UCITY/BIG BEND, SKINKER, DELMAR LOOP AND FOREST PARK
Securitas Security has immediate openings for ARMED Security Guards to fullfill openings for the local transit stations.These guards serve as a vital role in the overall protection of the transit patrons and the surrounding community.
Pay wage starts at $11/HR +PLUS includes option to ride BUS & TRANSIT for FREE! (free public transportation is granted after METRO training is complete). VALUE OF $800+/YR!
- The ability to effectively utilize excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to withstand physical conditions such as standing or climbing stairs, for prolonged periods of time. Additional physical requirements may include lifting up to 25lbs
- Must be able to withstand inclement weather conditions
- Must be willing to participate in the Company's pre-employment screening process, including drug screen and background investigation.
- Must be able to analyze a problem and locate the best solution without hesitation.
- Must possess good judgment on all levels but particularly in safety.
- Must be able to meet the minimum requirements for state and local licensing and/or site standards as established by the company.
- Requires security licensing in both Missouri and Illinois. Securitas will assit in the licensing process for both states
TYPICAL DAILY DUTIES:
- Respond to unusual or emergency situations using the appropriate escalation of force level up to and including armed response by following established protocol.
- Maintain proficiency in the use of all assigned protective equipment, restraint devices and weapons.
- Prevent loitering on the transit platforms
- Observe and report activities and incidents, providing for the security and safety of client property and personnel.
- Preserves order and acts to enforce regulations and directives for the site pertaining to personnel, visitors, and premises.
- Monitors entrances and exits; acts to prevent unapproved or unlawful entry; controls entrances, the movement of people and vehicles, and parking.
- Responds to incidents of fire, medical emergency, bomb threat, flooding, water discharge, elevator emergency, hazardous materials, inclement weather, and other incidents.
- Prepares logs and reports as required.
MINIMUM HIRING STANDARDS:
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., pager or phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation to and from designated platform
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English.
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED. If not, must be willing to complete the GED program within six months.
- Must be able to meet, follow, and maintain company appearance policy at all times
Why Securitas? This is not just a job, it's an opportunity!