Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair Broadcast Group is seeking an individual to provide accounting support to their Corporate Accounting team, with a heavy emphasis on accounting for payroll, payroll taxes, benefits, and stock-based compensation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the weekly review of payroll costing transactions in Oracle Fusion
- Generate and review various reports to identify costing errors and communicate issues to Payroll Department
- Complete weekly/monthly reconciliation of payroll costing reports to the general ledger
- Prepare journal entries related to other areas of compensation and benefits, including but not limited to, payroll accruals, severance accruals, vacation accruals, deferred compensation plan, 401k and various other benefit-related accruals and re-classes
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account reconciliations utilizing the company’s reconciliation software. Assist with improving and automating the reconciliation of various payroll related accounts, specifically employee withholding and employer tax liabilities
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation for payroll cash
- Work directly with business managers and Payroll to assist in validating the G/L impact of payroll transactions
- Establish strong working relationships and maintain effective communication with both corporate and station department personnel, particularly Payroll, Treasury, Accounting and Shared Services
- Gather appropriate supporting documentation, schedules, and analyses for both internal and external audit requests and provide in a timely manner
- Complete ad-hoc analyses and projects to support the Corporate Accounting team as necessary
In this role, you will be held to the highest levels of trust and ethical behavior in dealing with sensitive information on a daily basis.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting
- At least 2-3 years of Accounting experience is required
- Previous payroll experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of the general ledger, financial statements, and financial systems
- Experience with Oracle is a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong aptitude for accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced, professional environment
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills are required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!