To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Houston, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Lone Star Ford • Houston, TX
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
You're serious about your career, and rest assured you've come to the right place. At Lone Star Chevrolet, a Sonic Automotive family dealership, you'll find the opportunities, resources, and support you need to grow and develop professionally. Our 100+ dealerships are concerned with more than moving inventory; they're committed to your success and invested in your future. So read on, and consider a rewarding career with Sonic Automotive, Inc.
The cashier receives cash from customers and employees in payment for goods and services and records the amount received in an accurate manner. He/she is sometimes the customer’s last contact with the dealership and therefore, must represent the dealership in a friendly, professional manner. The cashier provides assistance to the accounting office as directed on an individual task basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Calculate the customer’s bill using the dealership’s computer system.
• Receive cash, checks and credit card payments from customers and record the amount received on the repair order and/or counter ticket.
• All personal checks are to be guaranteed. Any checks failing to guarantee must be approved by management.
• Make change accurately and issue receipts to customers. Have every repair order signed by the customer at time of payment.
• Ascertain and record totals of counter tickets and repair orders and verify against all cash, checks and credit card payments on hand at end of shift.
• Work with department managers to keep abreast of new products and services offered by the dealership and any changes in price.
• Refer customers who have additional questions (e.g. questions about their repair order) to the service advisor or other appropriate individual.
• Handle customer complaints with integrity and poise and take or refer the complaining customer to the appropriate individual for further communication.
• Give cash refunds accurately to customers for approved returned merchandise.
• Maintain service files timely.
• Perform receptionist duties as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by management.
• Must follow all company safety policies and procedures, and immediately report any and all accidents to a manager or supervisor.
• Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information.
• Basic skills with computer and other office machines (copier, credit card machine, telephone, adding machine)
necessary to perform the cashiering/clerical duties.
• Professional personal appearance.
• Ability to work well with customers and present a friendly, helpful attitude at all times.
• All applicants must be authorized to work in the USA
• All applicants must perform duties and responsibilities in a safe manner
• All applicants must be able to demonstrate ability to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, MVR, drug test, credit report, and valid driver license
It's time to make the most important move of your career. From our cooperative, team-based approach, to our more than 1,000 internal advancements each year, it's easy to see the difference. When you join our organization, you'll enjoy comprehensive training, competitive compensation, and unparalleled benefits. Simply put, you'll experience the best that a career in the automotive industry has to offer.