To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- East Brunswick, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Crew Lead/Tower Foreman
SBA Communications Corporation • East Brunswick, NJ
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Inspect and approve all sub-contractor's work.
- Schedule and coordinate with all local authorities for required inspections.
- Complete work in a timely and efficient manner by planning, prioritizing and mobilizing staff, materials and subcontractors to meet progression schedule.
- Ensure Construction Supervisor is apprised of construction progress, concerns and deviations from plans or established schedule.
- Identify all materials and other resources needed to complete project.
- Coordinate resources to meet construction schedules.
- Coordinate delivery and off-loading of towers, materials, generators and shelters.
- Identify construction "punch list" of items to be remedied and ensure they are completed prior to customer’s inspection.
- Finalize all inspections to close project.
- Assign tasks to fellow crew members and perform civil or tower construction activities such as (These preceding items are civil construction activities), stacking towers, testing, positioning antennas, installing antennas, running coax, etc.
- Ensure tasks assigned to crew are completed in timely, quality manner.
- Train and assist employees in completing tasks. Professionally interact with client’s representatives.
- May maintain and enforce all SBA and OSHA safety practices, perform daily jobsite safety inspections on equipment prior to operation. Immediately stops work when unsafe work practices or conditions exist.
- Must be able to work overtime to include Saturdays, Sundays and evening hours.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete all aspects of SBA’s Tower U training classes.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Supervises journeyman, apprentice and helpers.
- Assign duties, instruct, review, plan/schedule and coordinate work for the above employees.
- High School or GED required.
- 3+ years tower construction background required.
- At least 1 year of Supervisory experience.
- Must be computer proficient, having demonstrated intermediate knowledge and ability to work with MS Word and Excel.
- Able to read blueprints, details and specifications.
- Cald-weld or other thermo-weld training helpful.
- Knowledge of Test Equipment, Sweep, PIM & Fiber, Certification in each Preferred.
- Knowledge of standard knots, Pass N.A.T.E. Tower Climbers Exam.
- Successfully complete SBA Tower U and TS&R Training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must be able to meet SBA MVR criteria with approved driver status.
- Valid (Medical Examiners Certificate DOT Card) required.
- OSHA Certification can be obtained via successful completion of SBA Tower U training class.
- Ability to hear, understand and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone.
- Visual ability correctable to 20/20.
- Ability to operate a Commercial Motor Vehicle.
- Standing 90% of the day.
- Ability to respond verbally in an understandable, professional manner in person and over the telephone.
- Ability to stoop and bend.
- Ability to reach and stretch.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand, bend and climb.
- Ability to work on job site in remote location for extended periods of time.
- Tasks are regularly performed with exposure to outdoor weather conditions.
- Risk of electrical shock and radiation.
- Work near mechanical parts.
- May work in high, precarious places.
- Very loud noise levels equivalent to earth moving equipment and jack hammers.