Safely operate a fully automated residential truck and ancillary equipment on assigned route while providing quality collection service to established customers. Transport solid waste to disposal site.
• Operate a fully automated side loading truck, ancillary equipment and hydraulic system while driving alone on public roadway to collect solid waste on specified collection route.
• Complete pre-trip and post-trip inspections and reports, daily truck report, route sheets and other documentation requested by supervisor daily.
• Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
• Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
• Follow all safety and equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties. Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
• Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
• Comply with all information requests from superiors in order to ensure compliance with work rules and company policy.
Education, Training, Experience and Licensing/Certification Requirements:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) desired.
• Possess valid Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
• Minimum two (2) years satisfactory driving experience of Class A or B vehicles.
• Clean driving record.
• Must pass a DOT physical including drug screening.
• Must pass Waste Industries written and road test evaluation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to operate any vehicle or equipment necessary to perform job.
• Ability to communicate in writing and verbally with others.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations and apply to job.
• Ability to write simple reports and correspondence such as pre- and post-trip inspections, accident reports, daily paperwork, etc.
• Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
• Ability to apply common sense reasoning to carry out uninvolved written and/or oral instructions and to solve general problems.
• Ability to follow instructions and work under limited supervision.
- Ability to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear, climb, balance, and smell.
- Visual requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus due to the constant maneuvering of vehicle in tight and high traffic areas.
- Ability to regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 100 pounds.
- Sitting may be required up to 75% of the time due to the primary function of driving.
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
Waste Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable employees to perform their jobs.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)