Aegis Aerospace is currently looking for a Virtual Reality (VR) Developer for Human Spaceflight to join our team in Houston, TX.
Overview: This position will support the Center for Design and Space Architecture (CDSA) team onsite at NASA's Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. The CDSA is NASA's human-centered design studio. CDSA leverages expertise in industrial design, architecture, and systems engineering to solve the unique challenges of living and working in extreme environments. The CDSA team develops advanced concepts through the iterative design process and uses an array of digital and physical mediums, including virtual and hybrid reality, to test and refine designs. CDSA designers use VR to gain rapid access to 1:1 scale and 3D interaction with their designs. As one of our VR developers, you will help the designers access and interact with their design concepts in VR. Additionally, CDSA facilitates evaluations and reviews to assess crew interface design, habitability, and layout performance. This includes the use of Virtual Reality (VR) to gather subject matter expert (SME) and crew feedback through Human-in-the-Loop (HITL) testing using astronaut crewmembers. As one of our VR developers, you will help create these virtual testing environments and develop the functionality needed to perform the test objectives. Lastly, we are always evolving our VR capability, and as one of our VR developers, you will help create innovations that enhance or expand our ability to simulate human spaceflight in the virtual environment.
Did you know?
Aegis Aerospace has more than 30 years of experience in creating innovative and practical solutions to fulfill defense and space needs.
We are looking for candidates who are ready to revolutionize the space and defense industry and pioneer new technological advancements to safeguard our country.
Are you ready to Innovate, Explore, and Protect?
* Using Unreal Engine, develop new or enhanced functionality to improve Virtual Reality (VR) simulation of human spaceflight operations
* Using Unreal Engine, develop new functionality to improve Virtual Reality (VR) capability for design, review, and collaboration
* Using Substance Painter to create high quality textures for use in Unreal Engine materials
* Using knowledge of Blender, Substance, and/or Unreal Engine, help the team improve our conversion of CAD models into optimized VR assets
* Develop, configure, and test blueprints in Unreal to generate and evolve functionality in VR
* Develop assets for use in virtual/hybrid reality environments
* Review VR project with team leads and/or customers to ensure functional requirements are met
* Troubleshoot and debug blueprint programming/code as necessary
* Support VR testing by training test subjects, queuing interactions or configurations, and troubleshooting technical difficulties real-time
* Participate in regular team meetings to discuss activity and progress
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or other technically related area and five years of experience.
* Must have extensive experience creating and developing high quality Unreal Engine content. Additionally, the candidate must provide a portfolio and/or prior experience that demonstrates their ability.
* Must have excellent Unreal Engine programming.
* The ability to work effectively both in small teams and independently is also required.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team.
* Must be able to handle a variety of work expectations, must be motivated and take initiative, and must be able to work independently after initial training.
* Experience creating virtual reality experiences in Unreal Engine.
* Experience with multiplayer in Unreal Engin.
* Experience creating virtual environments for design review and evaluation.
* Experienced with Unreal Engine, Blender, Substance Painter and Adobe Creative Suite.
About Aegis Aerospace
We are a woman-owned space and technology company headquartered in Houston, TX. Our primary objective is to support the Department of Defense and NASA in achieving their missions to defend the security of our country, reach new heights and to discover the unknown. We employ some of the brightest, most experienced engineering and technology experts in the U.S.
To learn more about Aegis Aerospace, visit our website at www.aegisaero.com.
Aegis Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity Employer /M/F/disability/protected veteran employer.
COVID-19 Regulations: As a federal government contractor, Aegis Aerospace complies with all customer, federal, state, and local requirements regarding COVID-19. Federal agency COVID-19 workplace safety protocols for Federal buildings and Federally controlled facilities still apply in all locations. Contractor e
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Functional Design