Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The IT Solution Architect’s overall responsibility is to define the architecture for implementation of IT solutions specific to the business challenges within Specialty Benefits (dental, vision, financial protection, and hearing). This role must bring to bear a set of broad experiences and knowledge across Integration, Application, Information, Security, and Infrastructure Architecture to support key business initiatives and positively influence the time to value of delivery teams. The Solution Architect will be a technology expert and use solution building blocks to define solution concepts, estimate projects, define architecture blueprints, and promote innovation, collaboration, knowledge sharing and transparency of solutions with delivery teams. In this function, the Solution Architect engages through the SDLC focusing from request/intake processes through discovery, requirements, and design phases. The individual will need to collaborate with Business stakeholders to understand their functional needs, research and evaluate existing assets and new products that address the requirements, and formulate custom solutions that integrate with existing platforms. This role will need to align solutions to the IT roadmap and enterprise standards and coordinate the architecture solution delivery through the Project Management Office (PMO), Infrastructure and DevOps organizations.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Ensure all solutions adhere to enterprise IT principles, standards, and healthcare industry standards and regulations
- Responsible for intake scoping, impact assessments, solution concepts and initial effort estimation
- Define solution architecture definitions at the logical level in agreement with delivery teams
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and delivery teams in defining the transitional states from current to target architectures
- Work closely with solution engineering, development teams and vendors to ensure that a coherent and consistent approach to design, implementation and integration is achieved
- Rationalize delivery estimates and sizing from delivery teams
- Provide hands-on technical guidance to solution engineering and delivery teammates including solution building blocks, reference implementation, design patterns and best practice guidelines to advance towards target architecture
- Teach and mentor solution engineering and technical teams on architecture disciplines
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of technical experience with application integration: SOA, HL7, Web Services, RESTful, Message Queue solutions using SOAP, JSON, XML, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in an architecture role, designing end-to-end, enterprise solutions across the insurance value chain and complete systems development lifecycle.
- 1+ years of Health Care IT experience: ex: I, Practice Management, Interface Engines, HL7, CDA, or DICOM
- Experience in driving solutions that map to the global target architecture, standards, and roadmaps in a distributed hardware, operating systems, and cloud computing
- Experience analyzing the current business capability models, identifying gaps, and recommending solutions that deliver business value.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Solution Architect, Specialty Benefits, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN; Basking Ridge, NJ