type of req Job Description
GDIT is seeking an Associate Network Technician that provides installation, maintenance and troubleshooting support of voice, video, and/or data communications networks. The candidate must be able to work 3rd shift.
The technician will be responsible for the following duties:
- Monitors and responds to hardware and software problems using hardware and software testing tools and techniques.
- Installs and configures network hardware and software.
- Provides network troubleshooting and support.
- Provides technical support and training to end-users.
- May administer network security.
- Backs up file server data/disks.
- Provides minor server maintenance.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as required.
- Associates Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- 0-1 years of directly related experience supporting network operations.
- Candidate must be able to accommodate working 3rd shift.
- US Citizenship required.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Installations (Computer Systems)
Complex Problem Solving