To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rose Hill, NC 28458
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Smithfield Foods • Rose Hill, NC
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for leading and supervising a team of Payroll specialists in the preparation, distribution and reporting processes related to payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the payroll processing team ensuring the processes are running effectively and accurately.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing and supervision payroll staff including interviewing and selection, hiring, discipline, and termination of staff.
- Define standard operating procedures and continuous improvement opportunities for the group.
- Perform payroll processing activities, including processing of Executive and Supplemental payrolls, and determining appropriate state and local income and unemployment taxation.
- Oversees garnishments, levies and child support orders in accordance with Federal, State and local regulations.
- Reviews, audits and reconciles payroll to ensure proper pay calculations, tax calculations, and general ledger/treasury processes are performed completely, accurately and in compliance with company policy, federal, state and local regulations.
- Maintains related records and reports and prepares ad hoc reports for management in support of day to day requests. Acts as Point of Contact for Internal/Exterior auditors and oversees providing requested documents.
- Assists in year-end payroll processes: company specific activities, compliance activities, year-audits, W-2 audits, W-2 processing and distribution.
- Reviews and approves AP/GL entries, invoices and balance sheet reconciliations that pertain to Payroll.
- Coordinates with ADP vendor regarding tax reporting and invoicing.
- Assists in testing Vertex taxation software.
Skills and Specifications:
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence, negotiate and problem solve.
- Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of the data and information they are accessing.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced working environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Proficient with navigating multiple systems with experience in JDE Enterprise One and/or Workforce preferred.
- Proficient Excel skills required, with a working knowledge of other Microsoft Office Suite applications. (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Premium customer service skills.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Associates degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years experience in corporate payroll department for a medium/large size company with multi-state locations, with proven expertise in end to end payroll processing and knowledge of Federal and State regulations is required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- CPP Preferred