The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is an Equal opportunity employer. Consistent with federal law, the Kalispel Tribe of Indians applies Indian preference in employment. It is the policy of the Kalispel Tribe of Indians to give preference in hiring, promotions, and transfers into vacant positions to qualified applicants in the following order: 1) Kalispel Tribal Members; 2) Descendant or Spouse of an enrolled Kalispel Tribal Member; 3) enrolled members of other Indian Tribes; 4) all other applicants. At-Will Employment: Employment with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians is at-will and can be terminated with or without cause, and with or without notice, at any time, either at the option of the employee or the Kalispel Tribe of Indians. Drug Testing: The Kalispel Tribe of Indians is a drug free work place. All applicants are subject to drug testing at the time of hire and at unannounced times during employment. Background Investigation: All candidates and employees may be subject to a background investigation.Kalispel Hospitality
It is our expectation that anyone who works for the Kalispel Tribe of Indians lives by and operates out of the following behaviors and beliefs:CORE PURPOSE
We Make People Feel Special. Deliver Kalispel hospitality, find a path to YES, and provide a warm smile and greeting.CORE VALUES
We Take Pride In Everything We Do. Proudly represent the Kalispel Tribe, anticipate guest needs, and take ownership and put others first.
Everyone is Welcome Here. Respect and honor all guests, use sincere “thank you” and “goodbye,” and use guest name whenever possible.
We Choose Excellence Every Day. Help each other achieve greatness, be genuine, attentive, and flexible, and know the property and amenities.Summary of Functions
Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks and food to patrons of bar by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensures compliance with the Kalispel Tribe of Indians- Internal Controls, and Northern Quest Policies and Procedures.
• Provides attentive and friendly service to customers.
• Takes orders from customers.
• Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks.
• Serves wine and draught or bottled beer.
• Collects money for drinks served and food served.
• Operates, balances and reconciles cash till and POS sales.
• Orders or requisitions liquors and supplies.
• Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive display.
• Slices and pits fruit for garnishing drinks according to cut and par specifications.
• Prepares drinks ordered by wait staff in a timely manner.
• Prepares beverages according to designated recipes.
• Must pass occasional quizzing of recipe knowledge.
• Educates guests and team members about the many different libations offered complete with appropriate garnishment.
• Monitors consumption of alcohol by guests.
• Upholds standards set by Washington Liquor Control Commission.
• Attend all training meetings.
• The ability to learn and operate the POS system as trained.
• Responsible for maintaining a good attendance record.
• May be required to be a panelist for the Internal Review Hearings.
• This job description does not list all of the duties of this position. You may be instructed by management to perform other duties as assigned.Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Education
• One year certificate from college or technical school.Experience
• 4 years current related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum age requirement of 21 years.Skills
• Skill in identifying and resolving problems under pressure conditions.Other Requirements
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Tribal Work Permit.
• Payment Card Industry Training
• Mandatory Alcohol Server Training (MAST) certification.
• Food handler’s permit from relevant government agency.
• Hepatitis A vaccination.
• SERVSAFE certificate (optional)
• Available and willing to work nights, weekends and holidays as required.Physical Demands
• Requires the ability to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
• Constantly requires the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make fine discrimination in sound.
• Constantly requires verbally expressing or exchanging ideas of important instructions accurately, loudly, or quickly.
• Constantly requires working with fingers rather than the whole hand or arm.
• Constantly requires repetitive movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
• Often requires walking or moving about to accomplish tasks.
• Occasionally requires standing and/or sitting for sustained periods of time.
• Occasionally requires ascending or descending stairs or ramps using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
• Occasionally requires raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally.
• Occasionally requires stooping which entails the use of the lower extremities and back muscles. Infrequently requires crouching.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to tobacco smoke, moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The worker is frequently subject to inside environmental conditions, which provide protection from weather conditions, but not necessarily from temperature changes, and is occasionally subject to outside environmental conditions and to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal Controls