To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
450 CLARENCE KING DRIVE
Calhoun, GA 30701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sewing Machine Operator-UNION GROVE
Mohawk (Manufacturing) • Calhoun, GA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We're redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion dollar Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions, while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
Mohawk Industries is the world’s largest flooring company \u2013 and we are growing. We are a Fortune 500 company (NYSE: MHK) and our competitive advantages are huge.Responsibilities
- Responsible for operating an industrial sewing machine to secure all sides and corners of rugs.
- Responsible for performing this job in a quality and productive manner.
- Expected to maintain all housekeeping items and follow all housekeeping procedures associated with the position.
- Responsible for removing product off stacks and pulling product to the sewing machine.
- Responsible for removing improper sewing/binding and repairing thread breaks.
- Responsible for changing thread, binding, and/or needles.
- Responsible for pushing product to the tailburner.
- Prior sewing experience preferred
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn the operation of an industrial sewing machine
- Must be able to follow all safety rules
- Sustained employment of at least 6 months
- Prior experience in an industrial environment preferred
- must be able to stand, bend, stoop, push, and pull for the duration of a 10-hour shift
EOE MINORITIES / FEMALES / PROTECTED VETERANS / DISABLEDAbout Mohawk
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.