The Truck Driver is responsible for supporting the company sales team by making deliveries to Company distribution centers and Independent Business Owner (IBO) bin locations. Essential Job Duties
- Performs required pre and post trip inspection on equipment each day.
- Ensures possession of all paperwork, keys and other equipment needed to complete the job.
- Works in a team operation on some trips.
- Makes deliveries to company distribution centers.
- Assists with unloading the trailer and making sure product is checked while unloading.
- Ensures all paperwork is signed and dated at time of delivery.
- Delivers product to IBO bin locations and unloads product using a hand truck and ramp.
- Separates product and stacks neatly in the bin location.
- May support plant-to-plant inventory moves for both raw materials and products.
- Follows all Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Complete responsibility for the Company truck and contents of the truck. No supervisory or budgetary responsibility
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledgeable of the DOT regulations and policies.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 6 months of over-the-road experience and DOT background test required; must pass a Department of Transportation alcohol and medical exam and a physical fitness test.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
This position travels 100% of the time, on a schedule that may include any hour of the 24 hour day.
Operate Wheeled Vehicle
Report Mechanical Failure
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 181774
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.
View the full profile