To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Wallops Island, VA 23337
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Ljt & Associates Inc • Wallops Island, VA
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
LJT provides a very competitive benefits package. Health coverage begins on first day of employment!
- Responsible to perform non-routine and complex mechanical assignments in support of the design, development, construction or evaluation of hardware relevant to the NASA Sounding Rocket missions
- Support integration tests for specific sounding rocket missions
- Fabricate or modify mechanical parts including prototype hardware, brackets, payload skins, and GSE
- Conduct tests on subcontractor supplied hardware as well as routine testing of new inventory components
- Set up and operate equipment for integration tests and to support launches when required
- Fit and assemble parts into complete assemble using jigs, fixtures, surface plate, surface table, hand tools, and power tools.
- Responsible to fabricate and test mechanical components and subsystem
- Responsible to resolve hardware compliance problems and coordinate work to assist with system integration of both the technical ground hardware and the flight hardware.
- AS in Mechanical Technology, equivalent military/trade school training
- Minimum of 6 years general experience with 4 as a machinist, or a total of 8 years of general experience in a production machine shop environment
- Candidate must have mechanical and metalworking knowledge including the ability to drill and tap holes, minor sheet metal work, and/or light machining
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of all basic machine shop equipment and accessories to produce mechanical components.
Shift work may be required.
Assignments may change or vary.
Travel will be required in support of the program.
LJT is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE M/F/D/V