US Government Contracts Compliance OfficerTake your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a US Government Contracts Compliance Officer is to ensure compliance across all US Business areas and manage all government contracts within the organization.
Reporting to US Country Holding Officer, need to support the development and implementation of the US Government Compliance program by identifying gaps, and implementing and maintaining communications, systems, processes, and policies.Your responsibilities
- Compliance strategy and providing comprehensive risk management support to ABB Business Areas, those governed by Department of Defense (DOD) or Office of Management &Budget (OMB) such as Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Non-FAR Agency Procurement, Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplements (DFARS) and GSA Acquisition Regulation (GSAR), Grants, Coop Agreements, state/municipality rules
- Foster compliance by partners, principals and employees with all applicable laws, rules and regulations affecting the firm's Government Contract Compliance Program (GCCP)
- Support the development and implementation of the US Government Compliance program. Manage compliance programs including tracking trends, identifying gaps, and implementing and maintaining communications, systems, processes, and policies
- Manage and liaise with external government audit teams including developing a successful compliance plan and process to address potential risks before the audit process is initiated
- Be an active and integral team member and participant in deal reviews, quality reviews, security-related oversight and other key processes that form the overall GPS risk management framework
- Assist in the further development of risk management system solutions and automation in areas such contract management, data protection (ITAR, NIST 800-171, etc.), lobbying, conflicts of interest, customer compliance reporting, disclosures, certifications and representations and other requirements that relate to executing the GPS operational and strategic goals
- Research/advise on recent government contracting legal developments and best practices; identify areas of weakness, implement change and disseminate knowledge to client-facing professionals and others as appropriate.
- Develop/recommend risk management policies and operating procedures to address relevant industry requirements
- Monitor and communicate updates to the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and associated supplements/rules; assess the impact on the business and collaborate with pertinent functional groups on any necessary modifications to Firm policy and/or procedures
- Establish and manage the development and deployment of meaningful compliance training and communications to ABB personnel, including topics on business ethics, accounting and pricing, safeguarding classified and sensitive information, and mitigating the risks of doing business with the federal, state and local governments
- Serve as an expert in federal, state/municipal and local government contract/sub-contract procurements, foreign contractors and contract performance.
- Assist sales, marketing, tendering, negotiation, contract performance, and other internal functions
- Issue and compliance resolution, including investigations and providing recommendations and expertise to decision-makers on whistleblower complaints and other compliance-related issues
- Centralize government business processes, registrations, controls & requirements
- Support product and service market strategies
- Monitor and emerging regulatory changes & legislative action, and functional implementation
- Provide compliance support during mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and reorganizations
- Other duties, relevant to the position, shall be assigned as required
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 15+ years of professional experience as it relates to government contract management and/or compliance.
- Excellent knowledge of HR compliance topics to include EEO and Affirmative Action Plans.
- Strong working knowledge of government regulatory compliance including the FAR, GSAR, CAS, NISPOM and relevant professional auditing standards (e.g., GAGAS).
- Knowledge and experience working directly with GSA Federal Supply Schedule(s) including contract management administration and contract compliance.
- Experience as company representative/liaison working directly with government contracting officers, auditors and government administrators including support of the management and negotiation of government contracts, audits, pricing, reporting and other compliance requirements.
- Proven experience working directly with all government contract types including FFP, FFP LOE, T&M and Cost-Plus type contracting.
- Experience performing and managing risk assessments as well as developing and improving compliance programs.
- Demonstrates ability to balance legal, quality and business objectives and distinguishing between risk mitigation and risk elimination.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and advocacy skills; ability to interface and communicate effectively and diplomatically with all levels of EY personnel including individuals in many different functions and business units.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills. Ability to build relationships across functions, service lines, geographies, and levels. Needs to work well with internal and external legal counsel.
- Strong leadership skills, including experience managing project teams on multiple priorities and providing direction to team members.
- Excellent organizational skills demonstrated ability to create, plan and successfully execute projects the ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to adjust quickly to changing priorities and manage conflicts effectively and expeditiously.
- Ability to problem-solve and contribute to process improvement using innovative and cost-effective solutions.
- Ability to influence leadership on new ideas and approaches to improve processes.
- Innovative, with ability to develop recommendations for process changes and enhancements to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
ABB’s Electrification Global Markets organization is responsible for the go-to-market strategy and generating profitable growth for the Electrification Business Area. Our 10,000 strong commercial team represents the portfolio of all Electrification Business Area Divisions in over 100 countries. Our unmatched domain expertise across key industry verticals and channels combined with our truly global footprint makes us able to deliver extraordinary business results, supporting our customers with solutions which address their current needs, whilst considering the future emerging trends such as Urbanization, Digitalization and Shift to Electricity and Sustainable Energy.
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to US Government Contracts Compliance Officer http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to US Government Contracts Compliance Officer
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Mergers And Acquisitions
- Risk Analysis