Occidental is an international energy company with operations in the United States, Middle East, and Africa. We are one of the largest onshore oil producers in the U.S., leading producer in the Permian Basin, and fourth-largest producer in the Deepwater Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures (LCV) subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon dioxide management to advance a lower-carbon world.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of CCUS Project Development Engineer within our Permian Enhanced Oil Recovery Business Unit Development Team based in Houston.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with Development and Asset team members for preparation and optimization of Field Development Plans (FDPs) for core Permian EOR assets to meet business needs (i.e. CO2 credits certification for conventional reservoirs and long-term LCV contracts).
* Stay abreast with assigned core FDP asset infrastructure conditions, limitations, and bottlenecks. Identify and evaluate expansion opportunities
* Utilize Enersight (or an equivalent FDP software) to compile and integrate pattern(s) production and injection forecasts (base and expansions), facilities constraints and expansion triggers, CAPEX, production constraints, and variables needed to calculate key economic indicators.
* Identify sweet spots and optimize projects size, pattern selection and development timing to maximize economics, considering existing facilities/plant constraints and potential expansions. Evaluate multiple scenarios to identify the optimal CCUS development scheme with most favorable economic indicators.
* Education: Bachelor of Science degree in petroleum engineering or related engineering discipline.
* Experience: Minimum of 5 years engineering experience in Reservoir, Facilities, or Production Engineering in oil and gas industry.
* Very good understanding of Oil & Gas (O&G) fields, CO2 flood basics, development projects drivers and fundamentals, O&G economics, and basic O&G facilities and constraints.
* Computer proficiency. Previous experience in waterflood and CO2 flood surveillance and project implementation is preferred.
* Experience using Enersight or an equivalent FDP software is preferred and would be very beneficial.
* VBA programming, database familiarity, and tool creation skills preferred.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, creativity, open mindedness, and capacity to focus without distraction.
* Team player, able to work in a multi-discipline and multi-cultural team environment required.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
- Business Requirements
- Diversity Awareness