To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Salt Lake City, UT 84107
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Western Governors University • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted 2 months ago
The Executive Assistant supports the Vice President, Policy and Public Affairs and is responsible for the efficient operation of the department, including supporting department employees with operational needs and creating positive working relationships throughout WGU. This person also assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. The Executive Assistant documents and communicates needs and next steps to department members and management in order to maintain departmental operations.
- Represents the Vice President to internal and external audiences
- Assists the Vice President with meeting preparation, follow-up, travel arrangements, calendar management, and expense reports
- Supports and participates in department leadership meetings, assisting in establishing goals, strategy, and execution of plans
- Participates in budgeting and coding of expenses appropriately
- Coordinates communications and meetings internally with cross-functional leaders and externally with business individuals
- Organizes meetings including catering, IT needs, or site coordination.
- Prepares, distributes and maintains meeting materials and minutes for departmental meetings including archives for accreditation purposes
- Assesses inquiries directed to the Public Policy/Public Relations department, determines the appropriate course of action, and delegates to the appropriate individual to manage
- Ensures inquiries are addressed properly, efficiently, and judiciously, monitoring progress until inquiries are resolved
- Assists departmental staff as needed by providing support, acting as a liaison or source of information for employees, and assisting in problem solving
- Asks questions to quickly assess issues, determine the right course of action to solve concerns
- Initiate and track projects, as needed, to support VP
- Facilitates events that encourage comradery and positive interactions among employees, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships within the department
- Fulfills other duties as assigned
- Ability to work with confidential information and to apply maturity and discretion in daily operational role
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across teams and departments
- Effective, efficient, versatile, and action-oriented work approach
- Strong organizational skills, with great attention to detail and reliability in following through on assignments
- Ability to work through a task list, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely and thorough manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to articulate concepts and ideas effectively with minimal guidance
- Ability to probe, ask questions, getting to the root of the issue in order to best determine course of action to resolve and involve others where needed
- Experience initiating and tracking team projects
- Experience with reviewing and responding to correspondence
- Proficiency in creating presentations and working on spreadsheets
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work flexible hours when needed
- Ability to prioritize assignments and work on multiple deadline-driven priorities
- Ability to exhibit good judgement under pressure
Problem Solving Skills: Investigates appropriate resources and involves partners when appropriate; future-oriented; assesses what will help/hinder achieving goals; focuses on what is important.
Interpersonal Skills: Deals with others in a considerate, respectful, and unbiased manner; approaches conflict proactively; solicits and shares feedback openly; listens with empathy and maintains composure.
Accuracy: Draws on factual information garnered from careful cultivation of a broad knowledge of WGU’s goals and processes; investigates beyond assumptions.
Adaptability: Course corrects behaviors and communication style to meet the needs of a wide range of situations; tackles obstacles appropriately; is comfortable with ambiguity.
Reliability: Accountable to others; does what it takes to get the job done; actions are consistent with words; follows through on commitments; exhibits exceptional integrity.
Attitude: Displays commitment to the organization and to personal growth; self-motivated and able to motivate and inspire others; asserts self appropriately to champion ideas; tells the truth in a direct and constructive manner.
Initiative: Self-directs with a strong bias for action; leads the way in improvement of performance or processes; displays keen interest in students and organization.
- 3+ years administrative support experience, working with senior level leaders - including maintaining professional calendars, coordinating appointments, and working successfully with diverse customers
- Bachelors degree preferred