To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Senior Support Engineer (Application Security)
Enterprise Rent-A-Car • St. Louis, MO
Posted 9 days ago
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
The Information Technology (I.T.) division of Enterprise Holdings builds and implements powerful solutions that help to drive and support the global operations of our brands and businesses, including Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental. With 9,000 branch locations across the world and more than 97,000 employees, Enterprise Holdings and its affiliates own and operate almost 1.9 million cars and trucks.
Here, you will be part of a team that creates and delivers leading-edge technologies and expansive systems that impact every aspect of our growing businesses. We provide the resources to enable and develop our more than 2,000 innovative I.T. professionals in a variety of career paths. This is where it all starts. All systems GO!
The Application Security (AppSec) team is primarily responsible for providing authentication and role based access control services to EHI applications. In addition, our team handles provisioning and de-provisioning of accounts and synchronization of Identity information. We have more than 300 calling applications and the list continues to grow. We support the major applications that service our rental customers and partners so we are a core part of their solutions. Our suite of products includes Admin Express, Password Manager, External Password Manager, Employee Express and Logon Express. With our main focus on integration, automation and streamlining our systems and processes, the systems you work with touch not only our internal workforce around the globe, but our partners as well. As part of our team, you will see that we are flexible, collaborative, and diverse. Every day brings a new challenge and a different perspective.
The Support Engineer Senior will be responsible for the following:
- Monitor and fulfill requests and inquiries that filter into the #AppSec Support Team mailbox
- Monitor and follow up on alerts received to determine impact and resolution needed
- Fulfill requests that generate from Request IT per SLA – non prod access, rule sets, service accounts, application creation, etc.
- Participate in support activities including oncall pager rotation
- Create and maintain java based utilities to automate support tasks
- Troubleshoot implementation issues with calling applications related to configuration, web services, etc
- Understand new functionalities being introduced into the AppSec suite of applications
- Create, maintain and enhance support documentation
- Actively participate in EHI Disaster Recovery Exercises
- Actively participate in Audit activities
- Investigate root cause of incidents logged against the AppSec suite of application
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- 3+ years of application support/engineering experience
- 1+ years of experience supporting java based applications in a Unix/Oracle environment
- 1+ years of hands on SQL experience
- Proven track record of taking initiative and driving a plan effectively
- Ability to effectively manage time and multi-task
- Experience building and maintaining relationships across IT and business partners
- Experience assisting with the development of standards, processes, and procedures for the department
- Ability to provide continuous improvements for applications, processes, and teams
- Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with various IT teams and business units
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred
- Experience in change management tools such as Jira, Confluence