This is an exciting opportunity to join the world class technical team at Circonus. Come work with some of the best and brightest engineers, technical managers, and product managers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative technology companies anywhere.
Circonus is looking for a hands-on Director of Next Gen Architecture who specializes in Elasticsearch and distributed systems and who is excited to work with large scale deployments of monitoring systems
Circonus is a leader in the infrastructure monitoring space and is aggressively expanding its capabilities with regards to logs and traces.
In this role, you will architect and expand the Circonus Monitoring Platform. This role will include working directly with some of our largest and most important customers to identify and resolve issues, automating repetitive processes, and working closely with development and business teams.
The ideal candidate will have a customer obsession, deep experience working with Elasticsearch / Opensearch / React (preferably at significant scale), and distributed environments; and be very comfortable with networking and distributed architecture topics. You will have enthusiasm for digging deep and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization, and organization.
* Responsible for the overall architecture of the agents, ingestion pipeline, user interface and storage of the monitoring platform
* Management and prioritization of engineering team to build out the capabilities of a fast-growing platform
* Responsible for the load testing, scalability, quality, and capabilities of the overall platform
* Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or related field, or relevant work experience
* 8+ years of management and/or architecture (focused on open source components)
* 4+ years' experience working on large scale systems written in Java/Python/Go
* 4+ years' of managing data ingestion pipelines, specifically Logs and Traces
* 4+ years' experience in architecting and/or engineering large, distributed systems and databases
* 4+ years' of Kibana experience
* 2+ years' Elasticsearch experience
* Experience troubleshooting applications and system performance and complex, production software issues
* Ability to benchmark products and contrast the various behaviors
* Possess excellent communication skills and experience working with external customers (both technical and non-technical audiences).
* 10+ years' experience in the technology industry
* Experience and/or senior technical knowledge of monitoring and analytics solutions
* Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and containers
* The right person will be highly technical and analytical much like the company itself
Circonus offers a powerful telemetry intelligence platform to handle the world's most demanding use cases. From mission-critical IT infrastructure to data-intensive IoT applications, Circonus works with any tech and at any scale. Circonus uses advanced data science and patented technology to ingest and analyze telemetry data to deliver unmatched clarity, insights, and performance. From real-time alerts and fault detection to ML-based predictive analytics, Circonus helps companies optimize operations and deliver exceptional user experiences with confidence.
We recently raised a $10M Series B round led by Baird Capital with participation from our existing investors NewSpring Capital, Osage Venture Partners, and Bull City Venture Partners. This new funding is earmarked to further accelerate our growth, scale product innovation, and build upon the company's record-setting performance in 2021.
Culturally, we operate like a startup. Small, agile teams with quick decisions and short, iterative cycle times. We relish our core values of respect, integrity, value, and growth, among others.
All of our positions include a discretionary PTO policy, generous employer health, and dental insurance, employer-matched 401(k) Plan, and more.
- Data Analysis
- Distributed Architectures