We believe everyone has a talent. LTD provides a collaborative and dynamic environment for you to do what you do best. We want difference makers, innovators and thought leaders. From our humble beginnings as a family-run mail-order business, we have grown to become a national catalog retailer and eCommerce business. For over 50 years, LTD has provided home goods and unique gifts to our customers at tremendous values. We remain a privately held company focused on one premise – exceeding our customers’ expectations! If you are looking for an opportunity to wow our customers and contribute to our growth, we invite you to share our vision and shape your future at LTD.
Under the direction of the Studio Creative Manager, the Photo Stylist uses strong conceptualization and design skills to create effective shot composition, set development, product styling, and propping to highlight product features and benefits to achieve strategic advertising and merchandising objectives. The ability and flexibility to work on a variety of product categories including garden, softlines, table top décor, furniture, and fashion with various teams as needed to achieve business objectives is essential.
- To be considered a candidate, you must submit portfolio (via link and/or attachment along with the resume).
- Sharp aesthetic, with an eye for composition, color and set design.
- Excellent knowledge of product and prop styling.
- Up to date in the latest styling, home décor and fashion trends.
- Expert experience in a photo styling role for apparel, home décor, and textiles.
- Familiar with commercial lighting, equipment and general studio behavior.
- Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience.
- 3+ years' related experience in Commercial Photography Styling.
- Able to climb ladders, lift 30+ lbs with help, use of hand tools.
- Studio/warehouse environment dust, plants/food, flashing lights.
- Occasional outdoor/location shoots.
- Temperature fluctuations.
- Working with models, kids and pets.
- Overtime as necessitated by business needs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collaborates and brainstorms with team members.
- Follows creative concepts and standards that promote advertising, merchandising and sales strategic objectives.
- Successfully work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Plans and coordinates daily prep and shooting schedules for products.
- Implements brand objectives and creates the desired look with a critical and creative eye.
- Selects backgrounds and props for shots that complement product and are appropriate in terms of scale, style and function.
- Works within budget and is responsible for cohesion of stylistic elements, prop shopping, organization of the props/prop room, and updating of elements in relation to trends.
- Tears down sets, puts props away and maintains an organized studio space.
- Keeps current on styling, fashion and home décor trends.
- Mentor Jr. Stylists by coaching and assisting in skill development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 710-2017
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
For over 50 years, LTD Commodities has been committed to selling top-quality merchandise at a tremendous value. From our humble beginnings as small mail-order businesses, LTD has grown to become one of the country's premier catalog retailers. And we are proud to say we remain a family-run company focused on one premise: satisfy our customers with high-quality products at a great value.Not Ready To Apply?
As we've grown to serve customers throughout America, we've also expanded our product offerings to include today's latest fashions, trendiest home goods, unique gifts, the hottest new toys and so much more. As leaders in our industry, we publish many unique catalogs a year. And because of our relationships with leading vendors, designers and manufacturers, our customers benefit through exceptionally low prices on every product LTD sells.
In order to keep our product line fresh and exciting, our merchandising staff searches globally for outstanding products at incredibly low value prices that will exceed our customers expectations. With offices in Chicago and a state-of-the-art distribution mega-center centrally located in America's heartland, we are able to provide not only fantastic products but exceptional service to our ever-increasing customer base.
We pride ourselves on providing outstanding values, incomparable selection, and the convenience of one-stop shopping both in our catalogs and online at www.ltdcommodities.com.
View the full profile