The Senior Analyst, Clinical Systems is responsible for meeting the needs of internal and external LifePoint customers and supporting the clinical departments by planning and implementing information systems for clinical areas. The Clinical Systems Analyst acts as a liaison between clinical departments and IS for software issues. This position provides the knowledge and skills to meet clinical staff and/or hospital/clinics needs and performs in accordance with LifePoint Health standards and policies. The Clinical Applications Analyst is a highly trained individual who must solve problems under critical time constraints, operates under minimal supervision, and identifies opportunities for business process improvements using information technologies.
Not responsible for supervising employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Associate’s Degree
Experience: 3+ years of experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Statistical Mathematical Skills -- Ability to work with mathematical and algebraic concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and forecasting. Ability to apply and analyze concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced Computer Skills -- Routine use of electronic mail and computer systems. Ability to incorporate complex and complicated functions into documents, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations to support business objectives.
- Organizational Communication -- Handles broad-based complex information across departments with company-wide impact. Presents to diverse audiences, and can negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Job Specific Impact -- Decisions generally affect own job or assigned functional area.
Nature of Problems
- Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
- Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal own goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Project Management -- Handle multiple projects simultaneously including task delegation, project oversight, and resource allocation.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Moderate overnight travel (up to 30%) by land and/or airLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.