AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annual sales of approximately $5 billion.
AMETEK has 18,000 colleagues at more than 150 operating locations, and a global network of sales, service and support locations in 30 countries around the world.
The AMETEK Growth Model combines its four growth strategies of Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, Global & Market Expansion, and New Product Development, with a disciplined focus on cash generation and capital deployment. By executing the AMETEK Growth Model, the company seeks to generate shareholder value by doubling earnings per share over the course of each business cycle.
The STC Business Unit of AMETEK is one of the leading manufacturers and developers of calibration instruments for temperature, pressure, and process control. We are also a leader in level measurement devices, continuous position sensors, hardness testers, force measurement devices, and retractable cord reels. In addition, we offer a line of material testing solutions.
At AMETEK STC, you will have the opportunity to share your ideas and shape your career.
Performs a variety of welding operations with diversified materials to fabricate or repair components to exacting requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Experience in TIG welding and candidate will need to pass tests to get certified to meet Ametek Specifications. Ametek will provide resources for the certification process.
- Also performs acetylene, tack weld, plastic welding, and spot-welding operations.
- Welds, cuts, bends, melts or silver solders ferrous and non-ferrous materials and alloys.
- Interprets blueprints and sketches. Works from drawings and/or written and verbal instructions.
- Lays out and sets up work. Determines operational sequence and devises suitable holding fixtures.
- Selects proper rods, tips, gas pressures and current settings.
- Completes welding on assemblies which have been set up and tach welded by others, making welding beads to specified sizes.
- Moves materials to and from work areas as needed.
- Varies procedures and techniques according to nature of work.
- Provides training or instruction of co-workers and other employees when needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- One-year certificate from college or technical school preferred; or three or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Certificates, Licenses & Registrations:
- PQR ASME Section XI, weld process GTAW for 316L SST, 316L SST to Hast-C 276 materials.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, strong attention to detail and quality
- Strong work ethic and problem-solving skills
- Consistently at work and on time, keeps commitments and meets deadlines; ability to work overtime as needed
- Responds to management direction and follows instructions; listens well and asks for clarification when needed
- Ability to work in a team setting and contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Follows company policies and procedures; supports safety initiatives
- Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
At AMETEK STC we believe in building a sustainable future for our customers, colleagues, suppliers, and the communities in which we operate. We take an active role in promoting real change, by contributing to a healthy, fair, and sustainable society in many of the countries our facilities are located. We call it #CareForTomorrow!
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Welder II
- Assembly And Installation
- Attention To Detail
- Gas Tungsten Arc Welding