To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockmart, GA 30153
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MEGGITT • Rockmart, GA
Posted 5 days ago
Meggitt is a global engineering group specializing in extreme environment products and smart sub-systems for aerospace, defense and energy markets. We employ over 11,000 people across manufacturing facilities in Asia, Europe, North America, with regional bases in India and the Middle East.
The Plant Engineer provides significant expertise to a variety of disciplines (e.g., Analysis, Fire Suppression, Water, Gas, Electrical, Compressed Air). Partners with other internal departments to advise and develop a range of solutions to complex issues.
Job Core Responsibilities
- Applies specialized technical knowledge to support the design and development of new or improved company products
- Solves technical problems for a range of complex issues, using analysis, experience and precedents
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information
- Communicates technical information to others in a clear and effective manner
- Uses discretion and independent judgment when evaluating courses of action; makes decisions after considering various options
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance is required. May need to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and additional hours as necessary
Education: A Bachelor degree in Engineering or related field or the equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience that will allow successful performance of job expectations
Years’ Experience: 5+ years of relevant experience
- Advanced knowledge of engineering
- Excellent project management skills and experience
- Excellent ability to troubleshoot and analyze more complex issues
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to drive tasks to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, SAP, MS Project
- AutoCad and Solidworks a plus
- PLC experience (Programmable Logic Controls) a plus
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Meggitt is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-855-474-7665 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].