Production Supervisor (1st shift)Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Production Supervisor for its Ormond Beach, Florida location.This role is responsible to Lead a team within a production unit or line in the execution of production processes to transform parts and raw materials into ABB products in a timely, cost-effective manner. Ensure continuous and efficient operation in accordance with volumes, schedules, procedures, drawing and quality and safety standards and policies. This position reports to
Production ManagerYour responsibilities
- Organizes and allocates resources to effectively and efficiently meet production targets.Responds to resource issues as necessary.
- Leads capacity planning and resource optimization for the assigned unit or line.
- Identifies and recommends technical equipment and facility improvements as necessary.
- Ensures execution of volume, conforming product, and on-time delivery targets for the assigned production lines.
- Identifies deficiencies in production area, proposes improvement activities, and oversees implementation of actions to improve production performance.
- Manages the resolution of critical product or equipment issues together with relevant internal teams.
- Provides leadership and development to team in order to create a skilled work group.
- Guides and motivates team.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of the organization on a regular cadence.
- Manages changes through effective change management techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in the manufacturing environment with 2+ years of experience
- Engineering or technical degree preferred
- Computer literate: Must be able to develop, analyze and present data developed from the use of the computer.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Healthcare plan
- Wellbeing program
ABB Installation Products Division (formerly Thomas&Betts),is the number one manufacturer of electrification products in North America with a 125-year history of providing innovation and customer- focused solutions for connecting and protecting electrical systems, as well as a unique differentiated medium voltage offering. Our products are used all around you, every day – orbiting the earth, working on Mars, on the fastest trains we ride, in the fastest cars of the world, crossing oceans, in factories producing your food, in the tallest buildings of the world, in the most modern hotels and in the walls of your home. With a portfolio of more than 200,000 products marketed under more than 38 premium brand names, our Division offerings are found wherever electricity is used.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor (1st shift) http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Production Supervisor (1st shift)
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.#LI-Hybrid
- Change Management
- Computer Literacy
- Occupational Safety And Health