Sierra Interactive is a leading real estate technology platform serving thousands of real estate agents, teams, and brokers across the US and Canada. In business for more than 10 years, we are self-funded, financially independent, profitable, and high growth. We launched our first SaaS product four years ago and have been thrilled with the response -- we’ve more than doubled our user base in the past two years and continue to experience strong growth. Our clients have helped us to crystallize an exciting roadmap for the next few years…and that’s where you come in.About This Role
You'll work closely with multiple members of our team to build innovative, engaging solutions that empower Realtors to grow their businesses. Our customers rely on our products as an essential part of their daily operations, and we're committed to providing them tools to help them succeed in an increasingly competitive landscape. Our entire product team is 100% remote and distributed across multiple time zones, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in this environment.
As a Product Manager, you'll be tasked with researching and managing the design and development of key features of our web and mobile platforms, as well as assisting members of our sales and marketing team to communicate the value of those features through our website and marketing channels.
On a day-to-day basis, you'll work closely with our web design and development teams to manage development of new features. While there will be an opportunity to do some simple prototyping and web design within this job, this is not
a design position or a programming position. Instead, your main focus will be to plan, guide and supervise feature development from conception through launch, and to assist in promoting the value of those features to existing and prospective clients.
In a typical day, you'll be managing the development of multiple new features, each at different stages of completion. For one feature, you might spend time soliciting feedback from team members and considering possible use-cases before collaborating with a Product Designer to create a detailed specification. For another feature, you might be providing completed design mockups to our development team, along with specific instructions on how programming should be integrated with the mockups to create an initial working version. For a third feature, you might be working with our development team to continue testing and providing feedback on a new feature in our dev environment, honing it for launch.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Act as project lead to supervise new feature development from initial design requirements all the way through to launch (entire SDLC)
- Develop direct relationships with key clients, soliciting their ideas and feedback to help guide the development of new features and continue to improve the usefulness of existing features
- Work with engineering team to research and provide support to several key teams in the organization
- Help inform our marketing efforts for new features, fashioning them into a compelling story and assisting with GTM
- Work with company leadership, other team members and key clients to maintain a feature development roadmap, establishing priority, backlog grooming, and timeline for each feature
- Communicate, explain, persuade, explore and otherwise get a lot of the things done in writing. (We meet with each other regularly, but as a remote team across many time zones, a lot of our collaboration is asynchronous and written.)
You're ready to contribute to the work and culture of a high growth tech company, in that:
- You're excited at the prospect of mastering a subject and working in it day to day. You take pride in learning a product in its entirety, not just at a high level but through all its intricacies and edge cases
- You're a hard worker with a proven track record of getting things done carefully and efficiently. You're patient and pay close attention to the details
- You're organized and able to juggle multiple priorities at one time. You have the ability to switch gears quickly and re-adjust your focus as needed
- Working with people makes you happy. You're a talented communicator and can artfully break down, solve, and explain complex issues
- Your writing skills are top notch. The product requirements you provide to our design and development teams will need to be clear and precise, outlining both the need for each feature and also the details of how each one should be implemented.
- You're a collaborator and team player. Your joy comes from assisting in the creation of the best work possible -- recognizing and implementing good ideas wherever they may be found, placing the good of the product ahead of the need for personal recognition
In order to be considered for this job, you’ll need to:
- Be a resident of the United States
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience as a Product Manager in an Agile environment working with product design / development, preferably working on a SaaS or other digital product
- Experience taking a product through the full software development lifecycle
- Experience in planning and conducting qualitative or quantitative research
- Understand the process of web development (front-end and server-side) and how the separate pieces come together to create the whole
- Have a BS or BA degree or equivalent work experience
As a bonus (though not required):
- You have experience working with a web-based CRM
- You have experience working in responsive web design
- You have experience in app design
- You have experience in working remotely (and loved it)
- You have experience working with onshore, offshore, and/or hybrid product development teams
- You have experience with Jira
Starting pay for this role depends on experience. Benefits include:
- Paid time off (starting at 15 days per year) and paid holidays
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage. Full cost covered for employee, and option to add spouse / partner and dependents.
- Matching 401k retirement plan contributions (up to 4% employer match)
Something else that’s important to you? Talk to us. We’re flexible and committed to providing a healthy work environment where great people can thrive.
- Agile Methodology
- Customer Relationship Management
- Interpersonal Skills