To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Mankato, MN 56001
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CRH Americas Materials • Mankato, MN
Posted 2 months ago
Job ID: 151095
Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company has grown from four small, family local companies, to one, strong and leveraged leading supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete, and paving and construction services throughout the state of Minnesota and surrounding areas. With operations going back to 1861, we boast a remarkably long history of success in the Minnesota aggregate and asphalt industry.
The Project Coordinator position is responsible for the following functions, but not limited to, tracking, compiling, and analyzing data required for effective administration of our construction contracts. This position supports Estimators, Project Managers, Division Manager, and the Finance/Accounting team. This position is dynamic and its requirements may change as per the Controller’s instructions.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure company compliance with all applicable SOX requirements
- Supports the Controller and Operations Management team.
- Create, organize and maintain department/contract files.
- Review, process and complete accounting functions related to the construction contract, such as pay estimates, sub-contractor payments, monthly reporting, etc.
- Prepare subcontract agreements. Maintain subcontractor files. Receive and review monthly reporting from subcontractors including prevailing wage reporting.
- Seek out projects being bid and acquire bid documents.
- Prepare bid documents for Estimators.
- Prepare bid bonds, request performance and payment bonds.
- Supply Certificates of Insurance and maintain insurance files.
- Receive and distribute final payment estimates. Complete final documents upon approval from Project Manager.
- Substitute for receptionist when needed.
- Excellent computer skills including email, Internet, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Must demonstrate strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years office experience
- An Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field is preferred.
- Construction related background preferred.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Hard Hat, Safety (hard toe) Shoes, and Safety Glasses.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and an ability to work with management of OMG Midwest.
- Ability to operate office equipment including, but not limited to: computers, copiers, ten key adding machine, printers, etc.
- Proficiency of MS Excel and Word applications required.
- Ability to perform under deadline pressure.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.
- Basic typing skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, etc.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Minnesota Paving and Materials, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.