To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
311 East Chestnut Street
Mifflinburg, PA 17844
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Medical Billing & Collections Quality Assurance Specialist I
Rotech Healthcare Inc • Mifflinburg, PA
Posted 8 days ago
Join the Leader in the Home Healthcare Industry! Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Let us be Your Road to Success
We are seeking a dedicated Medical Billing & Collections Quality Assurance Specialist for our Billing Center. In this position you will be responsible for auditing all intake paperwork entered in Rotech’s proprietary Medical Billing System prior to selecting the account to bill.
Why work for Rotech? If we take a look at all the ways employees benefit from working at Rotech, we have a philosophy we like to call: “The Rotech Difference.”
What's the Rotech Difference? It's made up of all the benefits, services and offerings available to Rotech Employees. It is the employee-based strategies that make our company an employer of choice in the healthcare industry. As a member of the Rotech Healthcare Team, employees can take advantage of many great opportunities as part of their career path.Responsibilities
- Audits incoming paperwork including new patient setups, existing patients and other documents
- Communicates any form errors to the store or makes necessary corrections in IMBS, based on the information written on the form
- Corrects any errors identified by the Claims Supervisor, enters IMBS audit control number located on “Maintenance Audit Report”, verifies in the system that there is an AOB for each claim, files the “Maintenance Audit Report”, and identifies any claims that will release during the nightly cycle, makes copies of necessary forms, and identifies Cash Sale Delivery tickets
- Ensures appropriate authorizations are included from Case Managers
- Makes a copy of the original form and sends the original back to the store for corrections. Maintains a copy of the form until the original is returned
- Prints the “Maintenance Audit Report” from the system and verifies that the information in the report is accurate
- Attaches the audit report to supporting documents. Submits the packet to the Claims Supervisor for review prior to entering Audit Control
- Receives all Store Patient Packets from Mail Clerk
- Reviews and audits the forms for accuracy and completeness
- Sorts incoming patient paperwork from store locations
- Verifies all documents located on the Batch-Work Control Sheet were included in the patient packet
- Verifies insurance information to ensure accuracy
- Verifies the accuracy of the information in IMBS compared to information on the required forms
- Must understand VA/Managed Care requirements when working in the VA/Managed Care Billing Center
- Works with VA/Managed Care Intake Center to ensure authorization is from the carrier and VA and that the information is accurate
- Ensures service provided to patients is covered in our contract
- Performs other duties as necessary
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Customer service & administrative experience
- One-Two years’ experience in medical authorizations preferred
- Knowledge of insurance coverage and carrier requirements
- Valid driver’s license with a clean record in the state in which you reside (where applicable)
- Employment is contingent upon a drug screening test and background investigation
- Ability to write legibly in English
- Helpful, knowledgeable and polite
- Maintains a positive, constructive and polite attitude
- Ability to work and think independently within a team
- Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness to customers
- Flexible approach
- Ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail
- Requires sitting, walking, standing, talking or listening
- Requires close vision to small print on computer and or paperwork
Machines, Equipment and Technical Abilities
- Using common office equipment (e.g., phone, copier, fax, computer, etc.)
- Internet, including knowledge of email transmission and communication
- Internet navigation and research
- Microsoft applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, etc.
- This position will interact with all BCC Departments
- Interacts with insurance companies, physicians’ offices, patients and other departments within Rotech
- Competitive Compensation
- Career Path and Management opportunities
- Health and wellness benefits to include medical, prescription, dental and vision plans, short term and long term disability, supplemental life insurance and flexible spending accounts
- Employee Assistance program
- Full Time, Part Time, and Paid per Service positions
- PTO and Paid Holidays
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Referral program
- Employee Recognition program
- Employee Service Program
Make the right move, apply today & create your job profile!
This process will take approximately 2-5 minutes to complete. The hiring manager will review your resume and contact you if your qualifications match our needs. We appreciate your interest in Rotech Healthcare Inc.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities
Rotech Healthcare Inc. recruits, employs, trains, promotes, transfers, separates from employment and compensates employees without regard to membership in, association with, or perception of race, color, age, gender, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality where Rotech has employees.