decco Creative is assisting our client, a well-known educational publishing house, in their search for a full-time freelance Production Assistant to help with all aspects of running a busy art department, including production and administrative support for both print and digital products.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized, technically-minded and detail oriented self-starter to learn the nuts and bolts of the publishing business in a fast-paced, yet friendly environment. This position will work 35 hours per week in a busy Soho office supporting the Managing Editor on tasks ranging from initial product setup to photo research to processing digital files. The ability to multitask and keep cool under pressure is a must.
Responsibilities will Include:
- Setting up new products in the in-house data management system
- Maintaining accurate product information across multiple systems
- Checking text/photo permissions for products
- Conducting photo research and processing photo requests
- Making text changes in InDesign and creating PDF's
- Printing and constructing internal prototypes through multiple rounds of production
- Checking files for accuracy before they are sent to the printer or posted online
- Light design work in InDesign
- QA testing of digital products
- Bachelor's Degree
- Meticulously organized and strong attention to detail
- A whiz at Excel
- Working knowledge of InDesign/Photoshop/Acrobat
- Ability to work on cross-functional teams supporting multiple people
- Ability to multitask and focus in a busy work environment
- Superb time management and communication skills
- Deep understanding of proper grammar and punctuation
- A genuine interest in education and educational publishing
Attention To Detail
Adobe In Design
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US_EN_99_172110_541713
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
View the full profile
The global leader in workforce solutions.
We have more than 50 years' experience in the staffing game. In that time, we've merged, acquired and grown our way to becoming the global staffing leader. The name "Adecco" itself actually came about back in 1996 when two of the world's top staffing firms, Adia and Ecco, merged. And while we appreciate our history, we're much more focused on the future-ours and yours.
We’re more than just a place to work.
Why be the world’s leading provider of recruiting and career service solutions if you can’t also make that world a better place to live and work? We pride ourselves on a culture that is welcoming and inclusive in the workplace but also engaged with the communities we serve.
If you’re looking for new job opportunities, Adecco gives you access to more jobs at more companies than any other staffing solutions company. And the resources you need to realize your career goals. Adecco is the workforce solutions leader in North America, with a comprehensive service offering that includes temporary and contract staffing, permanent staffing/direct hire, outplacement and career services, recruitment process outsourcing, training and consulting. Adecco specializes in the following industries:
• Office, Clerical & Administrative
• Industrial & Manufacturing
• Finance & Accounting
• Creative & Marketing
• Human Resources
• Call Center & Customer Service
• Engineering & Technology
• Medical & Science
• Retail & Sales
When you’re ready to find out what we can do for you, stop by one of our 400+ branches in the U.S., or visit adeccousa.com today. Adecco will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.