To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Clewiston, FL 33440
- Kiara Dollar
- Phone: 000-000-0000
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Millwright Mechanic Welder (Molasses)
United States Sugar Corp • Clewiston, FL
Posted 2 months ago
Position Summary: Reporting to the Assistant Terminal Manager, this is a day shift position with periodic overtime or shift work requirements, working independently and with minimal supervision, safely and efficiently ensure the proper functioning of mechanical equipment by providing for the planned and preventative maintenance through fabrication, installation and repair/rebuild.
- Abide by all Company policies outlined in the Employee Handbook and comply with all Company, Local, State and Federal regulations relating to Health, Safety, Operations, etc.
- Successfully participate in and complete all training sessions, safety classes, pre-shift meetings, and/or certifications related to the position.
- Operate forklift, track mobile, and other heavy equipment as needed, using both feet and hands to manipulate applicable foot and hand controls simultaneously. Provide relief for operators when necessary for all positions at this site.
- Use a radio to verbally communicate with Molasses Plant staff, take and receive directions from Terminal Manager, Assistant Terminal Manager and Supervisor.
- Inspect, maintenance, lubricate, repair, breakdown, clean up, troubleshoot and/or install scrubbers, motors, drives, bearings, electronic magnets, filters, valves, pumps, conveyor systems, hydraulics, gear boxes, fans, compressors, load arms, fall protection systems, belts, chains, and align couplings, sprockets, sheaves, and other equipment. Document maintenance using computerized systems.
- Read blueprints and layout work, use oxygen/acetylene torch and other mechanic tools, consult operating and maintenance manuals, use and read various precision measuring instruments such as tape measures, dial indicators, calipers, and micrometers.
- Utilize arc, oxygen/acetylene, MIG, TIG and plasma methods to safely perform welding and cutting functions in the fabrication and/or repair of all types of metal, steel structures, pressurized vessels and pressurized piping.
- Operate inside enclosed/confined spaces, or from raised platforms or heights utilizing lifting devices or proper rigging procedures, in accordance with OSHA and company requirements.
- Maintain all related safety equipment and tools of the trade.
- Must have positive results from Company-designated tests designed to measure basic skills, job skills, mechanical aptitude and/or other interests, skills and characteristics.
- Must be 18 years of age or older and have a good work record and disciplinary history.
- Applicant must be able to read, write and speak the English language in order to comprehend instructions on the job, over the radio, and in the classroom, and to ensure personal and co-worker safety on the work site.
- Must pass the written mechanics test and 6G welding test prior to hire or job award.
- 3 years experience in maintaining, troubleshooting, and repairing industrial equipment such as boilers, turbines, pumps, gearboxes, conveyors and auxiliary equipment, including the thorough use of welding principles and methods, or completion of an applicable certification program.
- Successfully complete a job sample prior to hire.
- Operational proficiency in computers and software to conduct accurate data entry.
- New hires must pass a drug test and other pre-employment background screening, and successfully complete any required training or orientation course.
- Demonstrate the physical ability to perform the essential functions of the job. Applicant must be in good health and physically able to perform all phases of the work.
- Obtain forklift certification within 30 days of employment.
- Must possess personal hand tools and welding equipment in order to successfully conduct basic tasks.
90% of the work environment is conducted in an open outdoor environment, exposed to heights and rapidly changing temperatures including extreme heat, weather conditions, blowing dust and particles, limited visibility, burning bulk and liquid fuel, while wearing PPE (i.e.: hard hat, goggles, hair net, ear plugs, and/or full body chemical resistant suites), regularly climbing stairs, kneeling, crawling, bending, stooping, squatting, reaching, and walking on uneven ground containing trip hazards, and be able to lift, carry, push and pull up to 55 lbs. unassisted.
10% of the work environment is conducted open with overhead protection and requires routinely lifting, loading, pushing and pulling of up to 25 tons with the assistance of manual and electronic pulley's, regularly standing for long periods of time using heavy equipment and machinery with moving parts or welding equipment with combustible gasses and bright lights, and occasionally accessing enclosed/confined spaces, may be fitted for and wear a respirator.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by associates in this position. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position. This description supersedes and previous or undated descriptions for this position. Management has the right to add or change the duties for this position at any time.