Do you want to grow with us? At DXP we are passionate about what we do and driven to be the best solution for our industrial customers. Since 1908 DXP has been dedicated to the highest quality of customer service through our expertise of the products we distribute and the technical services we perform with a sense of individual pride and company spirit. Throughout your career with DXP, we will encourage and empower you to take an active role in identifying and driving your development, so you feel total confidence in your ability to achieve ongoing success. We aspire to be the best solution for the Industrial customers' needs for MROP products and services through our Innovative Pumping Solutions, Metal Working, Supply Chain Services and Service Centers.
Sales Professional position with the leading technical Rotating Equipment solutions provider to the Bakken North Dakota. Successful candidate will call on Industrial and Oil & Gas customers in western ND and eastern MT for the products and systems that we manufacture and distribute along with the support services that we offer.
Responsibilities of the Sales Professional include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to develop strategic plans and accurate forecasts for accounts,
Communicate well with others internally and externally, and be able to resolve unique customer issues proactively
- Ability to develop assigned sales territory in North Dakota and eastern Montana
- Grow and maintain new and existing accounts
- Stay up to date on latest trends in Rotating Equipment, packaged systems and service for the product lines we represent
- Identifying new sales/service opportunities within the territory
- Ability to solve Pump, Mechanical Seal and related problems using products we represent
- Must be aware of the customer's vision and supply chain initiative objectives and be proactive in the process of providing solutions
- Ability to establish and expand relationships with decision makers within each customer organization
- Strong process discipline
- Provide DXP monthly reports for each key account highlighting any changes, service problems, challenges from competition, customer projects and initiatives, cost savings reports
Qualifications of the Sales Professional include, but are not limited to:
- A minimum of 2 years outside sales experience selling industrial equipment or supplies such as pumps, valves, motors, seals, engines, instrumentation, chemicals.
- Must have customer-service oriented mentality
- Computer literate
- Organized and detail oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience generating proposals and solutions
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter demonstrated ability to work productively with minimal supervision
- Experience maintaining strong, long-term customer relationships with significant add-on/repeat business
- Acceptable driving record required according to company guidelines
- Understanding of mechanical equipment
- An engineering background is helpful but not required.
Training/Certifications: Safety training such as Safeland will be required, but can be obtained after employment
Shift Time/Overtime: This position requires more than 40 hours per week.
Travel: Regular local travel and occasional overnight or long distance travel for training
Education: Must have a high school education and some college preferred
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together. The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best. All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect. By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V
Attention To Detail